Tell These Companies: It's Time To Dump Trump!
This petition had 93,136 supporters
Donald Trump's brand is bigoted bullying. His commentary has been increasingly reckless and racially charged -- and his conduct has been exposed as predatory.
- Trump bragged about sexual assaulting women, claiming that he can get away anything because of his celebrity.
- Trump attacked Mexicans, calling them "murderers" and "rapists."
- Trump endorsed and encouraged violence against Black Lives Matter as well as other anti-Trump demonstrators
- Attacked female critics in the media by suggesting that they were having their period or by explicitly calling them ugly.
- Said that he would seriously look into getting rid of all the Muslims in the United States. Several weeks after saying that, he put out an official policy that called for banning all Muslims from entering the United States.
Trump's conduct has gotten so extreme that even mainstream and venerable news outlets have started comparing his conduct to fascism. Many of Trump's major business already cut ties with him. NBC and Macy's as well as many other companies that do business with Trump ended their relationship over the summer. It's a good start. But there's more work to do.
This petition is targeting remaining Trump business associations:
1) Did you know that many of the Trump buildings are not actually owned by Trump? They're actually owned by other property companies and they pay Donald Trump to license his name and put it on the building. These companies should stop paying Trump to use his name and remove his name from their buildings.
2) Over the years, Donald Trump has bragged many times that Gucci and Nike placed their flagship stores in Trump buildings. He's very proud of these stores and these business deals. Donald Trump uses Gucci and Nike's brand recognition to legitimize his bigoted bullying. Gucci and Nike should no longer allow for Trump to do this. They should reconsider their business deals with Donald Trump and begin exploring relocating their flagship stores.
3) Starbucks has coffee shops in Trump properties. Trump's brand is wildly inconsistent with Starbucks' brand. Not only that, but recently Trump actually called for a boycott of Starbucks, claiming that Starbucks was engaging in a war on Christmas. Starbucks should reconsider its business arrangements with Trump and pursue relocating those stores,
4) Kitchen Aid is the named sponsor of the PGA Senior Golf Championship. Donald Trump spent many years lobbying for a major golf tournament and was awarded the 2017 Kitchen Aid PGA Senior Golf Championship. Trump is very proud of this. Kitchen Aid should not allow for Donald Trump's dangerous bigoted bullying to be rewarded. Accordingly, they should push to move the tournament to another location (as many less prestigious golf events have already done).
Today: Angelo is counting on you
Angelo Carusone needs your help with “Tell Nike, Gucci, Kitchen Aid and others: It's Time To Dump Trump!”. Join Angelo and 93,135 supporters today.