Justice for 8 year old Asifa Banu - Hang the Rapist Murderers before its too late
0 have signed. Let’s get to 35,000!
WE HAVE STARTED THIS CAMPAIGN TO DEMAND JUSTICE FOR OUR DAUGHTER ASIFA BANU AND A CAPITAL PUNISHMENT (DEATH BY HANGING) FOR ALL THE RAPIST AND MURDERERS.SO THAT OTHERS WOULD TAKE A LESSON FROM THIS INCIDENT AND NEVER DARE TO DO ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN -
We request the concerned authorities to give a capital punishment to rapists and murderers of 8-year-old Aasifa Bano and set an example for other rapists like Deepak Khajuria.
Here are the details of the whole incident as it happened, taken from multiple newspapers included in the links to the newspaper articles.
In a gruesome incident Asifa Bano just an 8-year-old, who had gone missing a week ago, was abducted, raped and murdered in Hiranagar tehsil in Hindu-dominated Kathua district on Wednesday 17th January.
On January 10, Asifa daughter of Mohammed Yousaf of Rasana in Hiranagar was taking her horses for drinking water when she was last seen by a local woman in the village at around 3:30 pm.
The girl did not return home and the family feared that she has been abducted and approached police station Hiranagar next morning. He said they were unable to understand where the girl has gone? The policemen never visited the village for investigation purpose to trade the abducted girl despite registering an FIR. The family members said on Wednesday morning a local made a phone call to one of the family members and informed them that he has seen the body of Shifa.
The family members along with police team rushed there and found the body of the girl. Police shifted the body to the hospital for post-mortem. It triggered protest demonstration. A Gujjar leader Talib Hussain told Rising Kashmir that had police acted on time, the life of the minor girl could have been saved.
There were torture marks and human bites on her body. She was also allegedly given electric shocks. There are marks of human teeth on her cheeks and her arms and legs are broken. She was allegedly raped. We remember that night electricity went all of sudden after transformer developed mysterious snag and next morning, the body of the girl was found.
The government then formed Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the girl’s death.
A police official said the SIT had started a probe to identify and arrest the accused.
The issue had repeatedly rocked the state Assembly with opposition parties raising questions and demanding action against the culprits.
On January 23, the Mehbooba Mufti government had ordered a probe in the matter and handed over the case to the crime branch of the state police.
The special police officer (SPO) Deepak Khujaria was later arrested by the Crime branch. Khajuria was also among those appointed to trace her when she went missing.
Some shocking details about rape-and-murder of 8-year-old girl Asifa Banu in Kathua, J&K
1. The poor girl was gang-raped for seven days in a village but police did nothing to rescue her till her body was finally found dumped in the nearby forest.
2. Her bones were broken with the heavy objects.
3. Her upper body bore marks of bites and other torture.
4. Her body was torn open and burnt before being dumped.
5. While accused rapists/murderers enjoy impunity, a young lawyer Advocate Talib Hussain who was fighting for the justice for Asifa has been arrested by police. Talib Hussain released after third-degree torture.
6. Tragedy pertaining to poor Gujjar family is no concern for the so-called civil society.
7. Jammu Chamber of Commerce and Industries didn’t issue any statement to condemn the gruesome incident and so didn’t Kashmir Chamber of Commerce and Industries speak. KTMF President Yasin Khan equally observed silence.
8. Ruling BJP remained silent and so did veteran separatist leader Syed Ali Geelani play mute.
9. The High Court Bar Association of Jammu remained silent and response of High Court Bar Association Kashmir was no different. Lawyers Club of Kashmir equally didn't seek probe, justice.
10. Victimized Gujjar community, which staged protests to seek justice had to face batons of police.
Today: Take a Step Foundation is counting on you
Take a Step Foundation needs your help with “Supreme court of India : Justice for 8 year old Asifa Banu - Hang the Rapist Murderers before its too late”. Join Take a Step Foundation and 25,761 supporters today.