Support Subsidized Affordable Housing In The Haight
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The City of San Francisco is on the verge of purchasing the McDonald's at Haight and Stanyan in order to build 100% subsidized affordable housing. In the middle of San Francisco's affordability and displacement crisis, we need to maximize the number of homes built on this site. Under CURRENT zoning rules, the building can be up to eight stories tall, providing much needed housing for hundreds of San Franciscans.
Please sign our petition supporting the MAXIMUM number of homes allowable under current San Francisco zoning rules.
Based on previous 100% subsidized affordable projects and the lack of known details regarding unit mix (studio vs. 1 bedroom vs. 2 bedroom etc.), we can estimate that the site can fit roughly 25 homes per floor with each home averaging 2.5 people. Assuming there is a ground floor with no housing and zero on-site parking, here are the options currently being suggested:
1. Site stays as a McDonald's
2. Four stories - 75 homes - 188 people will call the site home
3. Five stores - 100 homes - 250 people will call the site home
4. Six stories - 125 homes - 313 people will call the site home
5. Seven stories- 150 homes - 375 people will call the site home
6. Eight stores (max height allowed) - 175 homes - 438 people will call this home
Today: Corey is counting on you
Corey Smith needs your help with “Support Subsidized Affordable Housing In The Haight”. Join Corey and 404 supporters today.