Support Madison Police Department - Stop the Public Attacks
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
We support police chief, Mike Koval and the professional men and women of the Madison Police Department. Our chief is caring, respectful, smart, transparent, consistently striking the perfect balance between respecting our civil liberties and keeping us safe.
His force is a national model. These officers do the gritty work most of us don’t have the stomach for. Despite the current climate of disdain for law enforcement, they willingly work with Madison’s various communities, serving as social workers as well as law enforcement officers.
Instead of being grateful to Chief Koval and MPD for their service, the bulk of the common council, mayor, and other critics have found it necessary to publicly disparage this elite force. Their actions are causing divisions within the city, adding to mistrust of the police, encouraging unacceptable behavior and thus endangering the safety of its citizens.
In light of this, we call for the following:
· For the Madison Common Council and Mayor Paul Soglin to refute baseless charges of racism leveled against our police department. These statements only encourage future offenders.
· For the city to rescind the $400,000 study of police policies and procedures.
· For Alderman Samba Baldeh to apologize for his baseless statement about Chief Koval during a June common council meeting.
· For the City of Madison to invest in combating crime and a growing gang problem.
· For community leaders to demand individual accountability and personal responsibility from citizens, regardless of age, gender, or race.
· Instead of publicly attacking our police, to strive to work closer with them.
We live during a time of growing hatred for law enforcement officers, perpetuated by media, and accepted by those unwilling to think critically. The men and women of the Madison Police Department work tirelessly to protect us from the worst society has to offer – and for that we should be celebrating them, not disparaging them.
Today: Paula is counting on you
Paula Fitzsimmons needs your help with “Support Madison Police Department - Stop the Public Attacks”. Join Paula and 2,096 supporters today.