THE FULL SUFFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL SHOULD VOTE ON FIRE CUTS, NOT JUST THE 9 CABINET MEMBERS.
This petition had 1,797 supporters
We Need YOUR Help
WE BELIEVE THAT THE FULL SUFFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL SHOULD VOTE ON CUTS TO OUR FIRE SERVICE, NOT JUST THE NINE MEMBERS OF THE CABINET
A vote for cuts of this severity MUST be made by FULL Council, so all residents of Suffolk's views are represented. The Nine Members of Cabinet only represent 17% of the voting population. This means 83% of peoples’ views will not be represented.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service are looking to make the following cuts:
· 50% reduction of Fire Engines in Ipswich (from 6 to 3)
· Closing Wrentham Fire Station
· Removing a Fire Engine from Lowestoft
· Removing a Fire Engine from Bury St. Edmunds
· Downgrading One of Sudbury’s Fire Engines to a smaller vehicle (details unknown!)
Today: Fire Brigades Union, Suffolk is counting on you
Fire Brigades Union, Suffolk needs your help with “Suffolk County Council Cabinet, Colin noble: THE FULL SUFFOLK COUNTY COUNCIL SHOULD VOTE ON FIRE CUTS, NOT JUST THE 9 CABINET MEMBERS.”. Join Fire Brigades Union, Suffolk and 1,796 supporters today.