Save the Hurstbridge High Park
This petition made change with 1,407 supporters!
We need your help.
Nillumbik Council is selling the Hurstbridge High Park to a developer for a housing estate.
This land is currently open space (between the football ovals) in the green corridor through the town.
Once lost, it can never be regained.
We need your help to protect this open space for the community for natural, recreational space. Please sign this petition to say no to this development.
- The estate is proposed to have 50 residential dwellings, at most 5 dwellings may be rental or sold to a managed housing provider.
- The council intends to remove the Environmental Significance overlay (ESO) on part of this site to facilitate the development.
- There will be a loss of town character, which is essential to residents and the tourism economy.
- There has been no assessment of the health impacts that losing this open space will have on the community.
- It is next to an environmentally important section of the Diamond Creek.
- Twenty threatened species have been sighted in the creekside corridor next to this land.
- There has been no traffic impact study conducted.
- The entrance to the housing development will be through a carpark.
- The sporting teams and community groups (football, netball) are key to the social cohesion of our small town, their proximity to a mass of residences will threaten their activities
How to reverse this decision
- Support this petition by clicking the 'sign' button and it will be sent to the Nillumbik CEO Stuart Burdack.
- Vote for the political candidate who will retain this land for community use. (local elections in October).
- Join our Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/hurstbridgevoice
- Check out our webpage -www.hurstbridgevoice.org
Today: Hurstbridge Voice is counting on you
Hurstbridge Voice needs your help with “Stuart Burdack: Save the Hurstbridge High Park.”. Join Hurstbridge Voice and 1,406 supporters today.