STOP Holbrook Trash Transfer Station
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
This petition is to STOP The Holbrook Trash Transfer Station at the proposed site of 11 acres at 3 and 6 Phillips Rd, in Holbrook, MA. A trash transfer station does NOT belong in a small residential neighborhood.
Holbrook is a beautiful town and home to a great community. This transfer station will greatly affect the community of Holbrook and will also have a direct impact on the residents of our neighboring communities. Any said financial benefit will not validate the negative impact on the health and quality of life of our community.
This will be the impact on the community, regardless of what the town officials say:
- Increased traffic by 240+ trucks/day, 1000 tons of trash/day, 6 days a week, causing safety concerns and traffic delays.
- Operating hours from 5am to 10pm Mon-Fri & 6am to 1pm Sat.
- Trains will run between 11pm-4am blocking Union St. for 20-40 minutes each night for loading.
- Lowered property values.
- Lowered quality of life for residents - Odors, rodents, noise.
- Health concerns for residents - emissions, polluting, flooding.
- No guarantee of free trash drop off for residents.
- No guarantee of trash removal via rail.
- Unfair to residents and abutting towns.
- To be built on Baird & McGuire Superfund site
A garbage dump does not belong in a residential neighborhood, whether in Holbrook or any other community. Please act now and STOP this project from going ahead and consider alternative sites in a more industrial area. Do not allow politics to impact the health and welfare of our small town.
Today: Nicola is counting on you
Nicola Kehoe-Barbosa needs your help with “STOP the Holbrook Trash Transfer Station”. Join Nicola and 1,237 supporters today.