- JokowiPresiden RI
- AhokVice Governor of Jakarta
- Jogjakota Government
- Jokowi, Sri Sultan HB X, Suswono (Governor of Jakarta)Governor of Jakarta
- I Made Mangku PastikaBali Governor
DOGS ARE NOT FOOD - Stop the Dog Meat Trade in Bali
DOGS ARE NOT FOOD!
Bali, known as the 'Island of Gods', is not as beautiful as it seems. Tourists visit, enjoy the beaches, peaceful culture and cheap stay but underneath there is a dark industry of animal theft, barbaric slaughter and profit! The Dog Meat Trade!
We need the global community to be aware this is happening and gather support to close RW Restaurants (Dog Meat Restaurants) with the help of the local community, police force and the local government.
SOME SIMPLE FACTS:
- Over 100,000 dogs are slaughtered each year for human consumption.
- A large number of these dogs are family owned pets stolen from their homes or out the front of the houses they protect.
- The slaughter is brutal and in-humane. Dogs feet and mouths are hog tied and beaten to death (believing it makes the meat more tender). They are then skinned and boiled or fried - some still alive at this point.
- There are approximately 70 public RW restaurants in Bali that cater to the local demographic
- The local community have have been told various fallacies about eating dog meat such as it cures the common cold or makes them more virile. This is simply NOT true!
- Rabies is present on the island. The RW Restaurants claim the extreme temperature of cooking will kill the virus however there are several proven cases of rabies being contracted through dog meat consumption which is a human health risk.
Please sign the petition, share and help save the Bali Dogs.
- Presiden RI
- Vice Governor of Jakarta
- Jogjakota Government
- Governor of Jakarta
Jokowi, Sri Sultan HB X, Suswono (Governor of Jakarta)
- Bali Governor
I Made Mangku Pastika
DOGS ARE NOT FOOD
Stop the slaughter of dogs for dog meat RW restaurants in Bali.
Bali has a prevalent rabies outbreak, although the government allows the unsafe and criminal practice of the theft, cross regency transport and sale of both stray and stolen pet dogs for inhumane slaughter and human consumption. Throughout the globe there are proven cases of humans dying from rabies after ingesting contaminated dog meat. See links below.
For the safety of your community, stop the dog meat trade and close all RW restaurants and forbid the consumption of dog meat for both private and commercial use. The Animal Welfare Law Undang-Undang 302 must be enforced.
Articles for your research:
STOP THE DOG MEAT TRADE started this petition with a single signature, and now has 50,819 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: STOP THE DOG MEAT TRADE is counting on you
STOP THE DOG MEAT TRADE needs your help with “Stop the Dog Meat Trade in Bali: End the slaughter of dogs for RW Restaurants (Dog Meat Restaurants)”. Join STOP THE DOG MEAT TRADE and 50,818 supporters today.