Stop the closure of WA’s toy library for children with additional needs
This petition made change with 24,595 supporters!
Please help to prevent the closure of Noah’s Ark WA – the state’s only specialist toy and resource library.
Noah’s Ark WA has been supporting children and young adults with disabilities and developmental delays since 1975. Its resources and equipment, together with its professional and experienced staff, make an important contribution in helping young people with disabilities to develop new skills.
Over 200 families and 70 organisations currently access this unique service.
The Independent Living Centre WA has announced that Noah’s Ark WA will close by 21 December 2017.
This closure will deny WA families of children with special needs access to over 5000 specialist resources. These include:
- Electronic switches and switch adapted toys - these enable children with limited physical skills to operate stimulating and novel toys
- Voice output switches – which serve as communication aids to children with limited verbal skills
- Themed play boxes - created by Occupational Therapists to facilitate particular developmental skills (e.g. fine motor, self-help, visual perception)
- Story bags – created by Speech Pathologists to encourage language and literacy skills
- Professional support from experienced practitioners
- Special needs consultancy service to schools, playgroups and community groups
Noah’s Ark WA is more than just a toy library. Professional support and developmental resources are the crux of this unique service.
Noah's Ark makes a valuable contribution to Early Intervention services for children with disabilities in WA. We must fight to ensure this important service continues to operate.
Please sign and share this Petition and play your part in preventing the closure of Noah’s Ark WA.
Closure announcement: Noah's Ark WA service to close
The West Australian: Noah’s Ark toy library in Morley to close doors after 42 years
Photo credit: © WEST AUSTRALIAN NEWSPAPERS LIMITED
Today: Caroline is counting on you
Caroline Moffat needs your help with “Stop the closure of WA’s toy library for children with additional needs”. Join Caroline and 24,594 supporters today.