STOP Exclusive Dismissal of Minority Students at MU Department of Surgery
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Dr. Arthur Rawlings, the Program Director of the General Surgery Residency Program of the School of Medicine, University of Missouri-Columbia exclusively dismisses minority students from the program! Consider the following:
- In the last 3 years alone, 1 in 4 matriculating students or 25% were dismissed. His dismissal rate is more than 16 times the national average!
- ALL dismissed students were minorities!
- No black person has ever successfully graduated under Dr. Rawlings!
- In my specific case, he downgraded my evaluation scores by more than 100%, 3 MONTHS AFTER THE EVALUATION, to now create the reason for my termination! In a second independent evaluation, I scored above the 80% percentile nationwide, higher than everyone else in my class!
- He has been investigated by the national accreditation council for running a malignant program where 40% of students rated the program to be negative, again, the highest by far in the country!
The University of Missouri is sinking under the weight of racial discrimination. Enrollment numbers have sharply declined! After all, most white people hate racism too! The Medical Research Center has been closed down! The Medical School has been ordered by the national accreditation council to diversify or risk losing accreditation. If such sub-standard processes and discriminatory terminations of Dr. Rawlings go unchecked, the Medical School could close down too! His practices are akin to ethnic cleansing! He ended my career, making me unemployed and unemployable!
Recently, the President of the University of Missouri stated the following:
"The university remains in the spotlight and must get its image corrected and market itself properly to regain its footing and start rebuilding the lost enrollment. If we don’t do that, we are going to have another New York Times article, another Washington Post article, and we won’t recover. This is a very critical period.”
Please tell the President of the University:
- To end the discriminatory terminations of minorities in the Department of Surgery, restore my original evaluative data and my career! Black people can be surgeons too!
- To have zero tolerance for bigotry and double standards.
It takes one bigot in one department to give everyone a bad name, destroy careers, create racial tensions, cause demonstrations and disruptions and generate bad press. He must be stopped!
Everyone sucks up to him! I will speak up! History has consistently proven that exposure is the only tool for real change! Every Mizzou student just wants a peaceful and equitable environment to achieve his/her potential!
In a university, excellence and the application of fair and transparent standards are mandatory! Sloppiness and ethnic cleansing based on manipulation of evaluation data cannot be tolerated!
Please sign this petition, inform your friends and family and promote on social media.
Please save MIZZOU!
Today: Valentine is counting on you
Valentine Nofong needs your help with “STOP Exclusive Dismissal of Minority Students at MU Department of Surgery”. Join Valentine and 1,496 supporters today.