- Marc GarneauMinister of Transport
- Sean FraserMember of Parliament-Federally
- Jamie BaillieLeader of the PC Party
- Randy DeloreyNS Finance Minister
- Stephen MacNeilPremier of Nova Scotia
- Tim HoustonMLA Pictou East
- Maureen MacDonaldLeader of the NDP Party
- Diana WhalenFinance Minister
- Geoff MacLellanMinister of Transportation
- Marc GarneauFederal
- Amarjeet SohiMinister of Infrastructure and Communities
Stephen MacNeil - Twin Trans Canada Highway 104 from Sutherlands River to Antigonish
15 Deaths and 348 accidents on this stretch of 37km of untwinned highway since 2009.
This dangerous stretch of highway needs a plan to be twinned within the next 5 years.
Anything less is not acceptable.
- Minister of Transport
- Member of Parliament-Federally
- Leader of the PC Party
- NS Finance Minister
- Premier of Nova Scotia
- MLA Pictou East
- Leader of the NDP Party
- Finance Minister
- Minister of Transportation
- Minister of Infrastructure and Communities
From Sutherland's River to Antigonish, 37kms of the Trans-Canada Highway remains untwined. Since 2009 there have been 348 accidents resulting in 15 deaths on this dangerous stretch of highway. Imagine the toll on first responders witnessing the carnage after a serious crash. Being called out time and again after vehicles travelling 100km/hr hit each other head on; many remain haunted by the images they witness.
This dangerous road is used daily by students travelling to school, truckers, and various other commuters. The already heavy traffic on this highway will increase should the Melford Container Terminal and the Goldberg LPG Terminal open as expected. Twinning this highway has become a neccessity. The number of vehicles travelling on this stretch of hghway now meets and often exceeds the Cobequid Pass which is twinned.
How many lives must be lost before our government acts? How many sons, daughters,mothers, and fathers must we lose? Whose life will be considered important enough to spur our government into action? Twin the highway within the next 5 years. Anything else is unacceptable.
Tammy MacLaren started this petition with a single signature, and now has 8,382 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Tammy is counting on you
Tammy MacLaren needs your help with “Stephen MacNeil: Twin Trans Canada Highway 104 from Sutherlands River to Antigonish”. Join Tammy and 8,381 supporters today.