State of Florida, Charge Caleb Fernandez with Murder
This petition made change with 529 supporters!
A felon with multiple convictions in Southwest Florida may not be charged in the alleged murder of former Marine.
Caleb Fernandez of Naples, FL has yet to be charged in connection with the killing of Christopher Corey, also of Naples.
Despite witness' statements, cell phone records and pings, text messages, a getaway car, information that Fernandez borrowed the assault weapon discovered in a lake with ammunition of the same make found at the murder scene, and the Office of the State Attorney’s own arguments at the alleged accomplice Schuyler Morris’ trial that Morris and Fernandez killed Corey, Fernandez has not been charged.
The Office of the State Attorney of the 20th Judicial Circuit of Florida has failed to explain their inaction, stating only that the lengthy jury deliberations at Morris’ trial could influence their decision. Complacency and the need for hard work are not excuses. The Office of the State Attorney must pursue the trial by jury system enshrined in our Constitution.
What message does the Office of the State Attorney's inaction so far send to the public? You can get away with murder in Southwest Florida? No faith in our system of justice?
We must compel the Office of the State Attorney to do their job.
You can help:
- Send a letter to the editor of the Naples Daily News
- Email Naples Daily News at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Office of the State Attorney for the 20th Judicial Circuit
- Sign this Petition!
For news coverage of this killing:
- 25-year-old man, 2 dogs shot dead in East Naples
- East Naples Homicide Victim Found in Pool of Blood
- Homicide Report Offers Details in Slaying of East Naples Man
- Suspect in Corey Killing, "I have nothing to do with the Murder" of a Marine and his Dogs
- Witness Arrested in Marine's Killing in Naples Manor
- Opening Statement Made in Murder Trial of Schuyler Morris
- Mallory McCann Testifies in Murder Trial of Schuyler Morris
- Collier Jury Deliberating In First Degree Murder Trial
- North Naples Woman Sentenced to 15 Years for Killing of Christopher Corey
- Two years after East Naples killing of former Marine, Christopher Corey, man named as suspect still not charged
Today: Collier County Justice Initiative is counting on you
Collier County Justice Initiative needs your help with “State of Florida, Charge Caleb Fernadez with Murder”. Join Collier County Justice Initiative and 528 supporters today.