Prosecute the two Rohtak sisters Pooja and Arti Kumar under IPC 182, 211, and any other applicable sections for making false accusations against innocent boys in recent incident on Haryana Roadways bus
This petition had 789 supporters
1. The alleged incident of eve-teasing and molestation of these 2 girls was prima-facie found to be totally baseless and malicious based on several eye-witnesses’ account who were travelling on the same bus. In fact, the boys were seemingly helping an old lady to get her seat on the bus.
2. The 2 girls have been alleged to be in habit of making false accusations from statements of people residing in their own village. They allegedly have extorted money too to the tune of 35-50,000 earlier with threat of molestation case. These previous allegations too need to be investigated to get at the truth of the whole matter to ascertain whether or not they are habitual false accusers.
3. The boys were beaten inside police station and that was recorded by the girls’ father. Huge question marks have been raised at the ability of Rohtak police to allow rule of law and order inside the police station itself. Rohtak police was being part of this vigilante justice, instead of doing a proper investigation into the allegations!
4. The case was highlighted by national media and it has occupied significant time and attention of not only general public, but leaders, politicians, and media etc. With significant loopholes in the girls’ stories coming to light, and especially with another video surfacing where they beat up some boys in previous month; it is necessary that their prosecution is done to discourage such rampant and malafide allegations on innocent citizens in future.
5. The 2 sisters are 19 and 22 years old, and are not innocent or illiterate that they did not know the consequence of their actions, both in the bus incident and in the previous month incident in a Rohtak park.
6. Prima-facie it is clear that their actions can fall under ambit of IPC Section 211 (levelling false allegations with an intention to cause hurt) and Section 182 of the Indian Penal Code (giving false information to a public servant).
7. Their false complaints led to suspension of both driver and conductor of the bus. Also, it led to barring from further recruitment process in the Army of the two accused boys when they had already cleared the physical and medical tests.
8. Not only the driver, conductor, and the accused boys; but the public in general was accused of being silent spectators giving the impression that general public in India is heartless or cowardly in face of acts of ‘molestation’. The truth is there was nothing to intervene about since the actual aggressors were the 2 sisters.
9. The sisters have been trying to brazenly cover up their acts by giving proofs to media in form of video which allegedly shows the accused boy asking for forgiveness. It is a ridiculous to assume that even if the accused boy is asking for forgiveness, it is because of his wrongdoing and not because of being beaten up inside the police station! The credibility of Rohtak police itself is questionable as to how they allowed a beating to happen inside police station and also allowed a video to be made!
Only by prosecuting the 2 sisters can justice be done so that in future innocent people will not have to fear from false cases from malicious accusers. Also, the resources and time of police, public, media will not be needlessly diverted and faith and trust can be restored in Indian institutions and democracy.
Today: Vivek is counting on you
Vivek Deveshwar needs your help with “SSP Shashank Anand: Prosecute the two Rohtak sisters Pooja and Arti Kumar under IPC 182, 211, and any other applicable sections for making false accusations against innocent boys in recent incident on Haryana Roadways bus”. Join Vivek and 788 supporters today.