Say "No" to Hot Food Takeaway (Dominos) proposal in historic Market Deeping (S16/0108).
This petition had 896 supporters
A planning application has been submitted to turn the 18th Century Grade II Listed property at 23 Market Place Market Deeping Lincolnshire PE6 8EA into a Hot Food Takeaway, specifically a Dominos Pizza takeaway and delivery.
This planning application should be refused for the following reasons:
1) The proposed 'change of use' from a bank to a hot food takeaway will not be in keeping with the visual amenity within Market Deeping market place. In fact, it will spoil the appearance of our historic town centre.
2) Deliveries and collections from the proposed takeaway would generate a large volume of extra traffic in our already busy market place.
3) Takeaway food generates litter and odour and can encourage vermin where food is not disposed of properly.
4) The refurbishment of the building is not in keeping with the building's Grade II listed status or the surrounding Conservation area. The refurbishment will leave the upper storeys virtually redundant. It will also require significant alteration to windows, doors and ventilation systems. The siting of a bin store for food and other waste adjacent to the public walkway at the rear of the building will be unsightly, unhygienic and impractical.
5) The hot food takeaway will be detrimental to the local economy. Despite spurious claims of '35 new jobs', such jobs are likely to be on low or minimum wages and will only displace employees from similar jobs in establishments which are owned, run and staffed by people with a genuine interest and commitment to the Deepings' local community.
6) There are already plenty of hot food takeaways including delivery operations in the Deepings. We do not need one in the historic market place.
Today: Ashley is counting on you
Ashley Baxter needs your help with “South Kesteven District Council: Say "No" to Hot Food Takeaway (Dominos) proposal in historic Market Deeping (S16/0108).”. Join Ashley and 895 supporters today.