Let's Keep Commercial Marijuana out of Rural Sonoma County Neighborhoods
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
We call on the Sonoma County Board of Supervisors to protect rural residential neighborhoods by including language in the Medical Cannabis Land Use Ordinance that prohibits the commercial growing of marijuana (quantities higher than personal use) in areas zoned rural residential.
We are against commercial (including cottage) scale marijuana growing in neighborhoods because it can lead to:
- Crime and violence related to high cash value crops
- Fenced and padlocked properties that are a blight on our beautiful Sonoma County neighborhoods
- Surveillance cameras and security guards that violate our privacy
- Fire hazards due to high electricity use and unkempt, overgrown landscaping
- Groundwater contamination (most county rural residences are on septic systems and wells)
- Property value depreciation for neighbors
- Obnoxious odors during harvest time
- Loss of neighborhood tranquility (due to fear) when a home is converted to business with strangers coming in and out
Today: Sonoma County Residents for Responsible Cannabis Growing is counting on you
Sonoma County Residents for Responsible Cannabis Growing needs your help with “Sonoma County Board of Supervisors: Let's Keep Commercial Marijuana out of Rural Sonoma County Neighborhoods”. Join Sonoma County Residents for Responsible Cannabis Growing and 591 supporters today.