The Parkland Pledge
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The Parkland Pledge is a promise every American can and should take:
- I pledge to speak up for gun safety legislation.
- I pledge to not accept campaign donations from the NRA or to donate to NRA-supported candidates.
- I pledge to support scientific research into the epidemic of gun violence, and to work to prevent the sale of assault weapons and their deadly accessories.
- I pledge to put policy above party for nonpartisan gun reform.
- I pledge to speak truth to power and hold elected officials accountable for their decisions.
Assault rifles and their deadly accessories (bump stocks, high-capacity magazines, etc.) have no place in the hands of an undereducated and under-regulated market.
Gun reform also requires the American people to hold lawmakers accountable for ensuring the safety of our children.
Our pledge combines both of these ideals, recognizing that proper legislation can only grow from a culture of educated and involved citizens.
The Parkland Pledge is championed by a student-led organization of the same name. We united in the wake of the tragic mass shooting in Parkland, FL on Valentine's Day 2018. You can find us on Instagram (@ParklandPledge), Facebook (@ParklandPledge), and on our website.
Today: Parkland Pledge is counting on you
Parkland Pledge needs your help with “Sign The Parkland Pledge Today!”. Join Parkland Pledge and 278 supporters today.