Declare Zakir Naik's ‘Islamic Research Foundation’ a Terrorist organisation under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967
This petition made change with 13,961 supporters!
1. Islamic Research Foundation’s President Zakir Naik is spreading a radical terrorist ideology by justifying, encouraging and endorsing 'Suicide-bombing'. (View)
2. Islamic Research Foundation’s links with Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT):
Islamic Research Foundation is featured on the website of Jamaat-ud-Dawa, the parent and religious and political organisation of the notorious Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT), a Terrorist organisation under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967. A screenshot of Jamat-ud-Dawa website from January 2008 shows a link to Islamic Research Foundation’s (IRF) website. (View)
3. Islamic Research Foundation’s links with 2006 Mumbai serial bombings:
“Investigations into the 2006 serial bombings in Mumbai showed that top Lashkar-e-Taiba organisers Rahil Ahmed Sheikh and Zabiuddin Ansari often met at the Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) in Mumbai’s Dongri area. IRF librarian Feroz Deshmukh, their contact there, turned out to be a key member of the Lashkar-e-Taiba cell which executed the bombings.” - The Hindu, 8th July, 2007 (View)
4. Islamic Research Foundation’s links with 2008 Mumbai terror attacks:
“Investigators have told DNA that among the contact details of “curiosity” that they have found in the records of Headley (David Coleman Headley, a key conspirator in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks) from his Mumbai days are the numbers of Islamic Research Foundation.” - DNA, 11th November, 2009 (View)
5. Islamic Research Foundation’s links with and sympathy for Al-Qaida & Taliban:
Islamic Research Foundation’s President Zakir Naik has repeatedly questioned the validity of calling Al-Qaida founder Osama Bin Laden & Taliban as terrorists. Al-Qaida is a Terrorist organisation under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967. Zakir Naik says that he is ‘not sure if Osama Bin Laden & Taliban are Terrorists’. - NDTV (View)
6. Several banned Terrorist organizations and their recruits have been enchanted and inspired by Islamic Research Foundation’s President Zakir Naik’s ideology -
A.) Indian Mujahideen & Zakir Naik:
“Inside the Indian Mujahideen safehouses raided in October, 2008, police found no evidence that traditional theological literature or the writings of the Tablighi Jamaat had influenced the group. Instead, they found pro-Taliban videos and speeches by Zakir Naik - a popular but controversial Mumbai-based televangelist who has, among other things, defends Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin-Laden.” - The Hindu, 19th April, 2010 (View)
“Interestingly, most of the CDs in a black case that were displayed by the police along with the recovered items on Friday featured Zakir Naik, a medical doctor turned Islamic scholar." - The Hindu, 5th October, 2008 (View)
B.) Al-Qaeda & Zakir Naik:
“A friend from that period tells TIME that Zazi became enchanted with the controversial Indian Muslim televangelist Dr. Zakir Naik, who preaches a wild mix of harsh Islamic rhetoric and unorthodox Muslim theology.” - Time Magazine, 1st October, 2009 (View)
“Friends said that Najib later came to love videos on YouTube that featured Zakir Naik... To Mr. Zazi, “he was his inspiration,” his friend Mr. Zaraei said. “He just loved him.” - The New York Times, 25th September, 2009 (View)
7. Several Fatwas have been issued against the teachings of Islamic Research Foundation’s President Zakir Naik by traditional Islamic seminaries such as the Darul Ifta, Darul Uloom Deoband showing the growing concern about the radical poison he is spreading in the society:
A.) "Muslims should avoid listening to him" (Fatwa: 352=363/B issued by Darul Ifta, Darul Uloom Deoband) (View)
B.) "His approach seems contradicted to authentic Ulama of salaf" (Fatwa: 1058/1058=J issued by Darul Ifta, Darul Uloom Deoband) (View)
C.) "One should not rely upon his speeches" (Fatwa: 1541/1322=B/1429 issued by Darul Ifta, Darul Uloom Deoband) (View)
8. More than 100 police complaints and many FIR’s have been filed against Islamic Research Foundation’s President Zakir Naik for making derogatory comments about Lord Ganesh and thereby causing communal disharmony by hurting religious sentiments of the Hindus.
9. Islamic Research Foundation’s President Zakir Naik is also the Chairman of Peace TV. Peace TV is one of the illegally broadcast foreign channels in India. In an answer to an unstarred question No. 1819 answered on 4/12/2102 in the Lok Sabha, Minister of State of the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting stated that “The content of (Peace TV) these channels is not conducive to the security environment in the country and poses a potential security hazard”. (View)
10. Islamic Research Foundation’s President Zakir Naik has been banned from entering the United Kingdom by UK Home Secretary Theresa May. The UK High Court has also termed Zakir Naik’s exclusion from United Kingdom as lawful. The United Kingdom Appeal Court also upheld the UK High Court’s judgment regarding Zakir Naik’s United Kingdom ban as correct. (View 1) / (View 2)
11. Islamic Research Foundation regularly holds meets where Zakir Naik, its President, induces people to convert to Islam. This is against the provisions of Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 (FCRA) rules. (View)
Based on the overwhelming evidence available in the public domain against Zakir Naik, Islamic Research Foundation & Peace TV, we request your good-office to initiate an urgent investigation in the matter and cancel the FCRA registration of Islamic Research Foundation and declare it a terrorist organisation under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967.
Today: Aslam is counting on you
Aslam Durrrani needs your help with “Shri Rajnath Singh: Declare Zakir Naik's ‘Islamic Research Foundation’ a Terrorist organisation under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967”. Join Aslam and 13,960 supporters today.