WHERE IS SHEIKHA LATIFA BINT MOHAMMED BIN RASHID AL MAKTOUM? #FreeLatifa
0 have signed. Let’s get to 5,000!
This petition is authorised by Detained in Dubai. The representatives Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum appointed before she vanished.
A young woman is missing, presumed either kidnapped & being tortured, or dead.
We need your help to put pressure on the respective governments & the international community to demand urgent answers.
What we want:
We, the citizens of the world, need answers to how a Royal Princess, Sheikha Latifa Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum no less, daughter to one of the world's most powerful men Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum- Ruler of Dubai, vanishes without trace after escaping Dubai and releasing a video accusing her father of torture, murder and stating she feared for her life.
1. We demand responses from the UAE who have so far remained silent.
2. We plead for immediate support from the authorities of those who are affected and missing. We implore the United Nations to intervene.
3. We demand a public statement from the UAE confirming the whereabouts of Sheikha Latifa Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, date of birth 5 December 1985 and confirming that she is the daughter of the ruler of Dubai and that she is safe and well.
4. We demand a public statement from the UAE, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum and India detailing what action they took or instructed against Sheikha Latifa Al Maktoum, Hervé Jean Pierre Jaubert (Hervé) and Tiina Jauhiainen (Tiina), three Filipino crew and the US boat Nostromo.
5. We demand that the UAE and Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum publicly confirm that no restrictions have been placed on Tiina or Hervé that restricts them from speaking about the events. If there are any such restrictions that he releases them from any such restrictions.
6. We demand that, if in his or UAE custody, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum release Sheikha Latifa immediately and permit her to travel to a country of her choosing, in safety.
7. We demand that both the UAE and India immediately appoint an independent investigator of international standing, to be approved by the United Nations and Detained in Dubai (last appointed representatives of Sheikha Latifa) to investigate and report on the above events. Any report to be made public.
Why we want it/background:
“Freedom of choice is not something that, you know, we have. So, when you have it, you take it for granted, and if you don’t have it, it’s very, very special. “
On the night of March 4th, 2018, there was an unprecedented international incident when a significant Indian and UAE military force converged, and carried out an unprovoked attack on a small, American pleasure yacht off the coast of Goa, India. This force consisting of at least two state-of-the-art ships of Indian Coast Guard, several hundred men, including an elite commando unit and a detachment of the UAE armed and state security forces, helicopters and planes were sent to illegally capture and kidnap one young woman.
On that night, Indian commandos boarded the yacht Nostromo, savagely beat and tortured the crew and the captain of the ship, and dragged the woman away, cold-heartedly and illegally ignoring her desperate pleas for asylum. That they did this even when they knew they were blatantly violating international law when they attacked an American ship in international waters speaks of the power of the man they indirectly served. That man is Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the unelected and despotic ruler of Dubai, and the woman whose dream of freedom was brutally and violently crushed that night was his daughter, Princess Latifa bint Mohammed Al Maktoum. And we need to save her.
“They told me that your father told us to beat you until we kill you. That’s his orders. Your father’s orders. Your father, the ruler of Dubai, that’s what he said.”
She was desperately trying to escape her gilded cage, where she, like so many other women, would have been forever considered a child, a mere possession of men, instead of an adult capable of her own choices. A place where she, like her older sister, was imprisoned, abused and tortured on the orders of her father for trying to escape before. A place where she is once again detained against her will, most likely drugged and mistreated, or worse. This place is Dubai in the 21st Century, a city selling itself as a modern, tolerant and safe, where the glittering facade of gleaming skyscrapers and opulent shopping malls, and corporations like the Emirates Airlines, hides beneath itself the rotting core of human rights violations, corruption and ever-present police state.
Latifa had been planning her bid for freedom for years. A part of her plan included making video recordings in case her plan failed. One of the several recordings she made is a long video chronicling her harrowing experiences and her dreams for a brighter future, and by doing so she delivers a scathing denouncement of the hypocrisy of her father, her extended family, and her society. It is only because of this video, and another longer, yet unreleased one, that she might yet have hope, and that her traveling companions were released from captivity. Also, this time Latifa had surrounded herself with trusted friends and advisors who believed in her, and in the universal right to a free life. We at Detained in Dubai are honored and humbled to be among those that Latifa trusted with her freedom and her life.
The UAE has continually attempted to discredit (although never in writing or publicly) the very existence of Sheikha Latifa, despite overwhelming evidence. Detained in Dubai has had no less than 30 persons (and growing) that knew her confirm her identity, and with photographic and video evidence.
The UAE Royal family owned media arm “The National” has then sought to discredit Detained in Dubai and its founder, Radha Stirling and David Haigh by the printing of untrue and defamatory articles. However still no statement on Sheikha Latifa.
Detained in Dubai are deeply concerned of the safety of Sheikha Latifa. If this were Prince William of the United Kingdom who had vanished in such circumstances there would be a world-wide controversy. This needs to happen now for Sheikha Latifa.
Please support us and provide us with any information that may help.
Please keep up-to-date with developments on http://www.freelatifa.com/
Radha Stirling and David Haigh
Detained in Dubai
Today: #FreeLatifa -Detained in Dubai is counting on you
#FreeLatifa -Detained in Dubai needs your help with “Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum: WHERE IS SHEIKHA LATIFA AL MAKTOUM, PRINCESS OF DUBAI?”. Join #FreeLatifa -Detained in Dubai and 4,671 supporters today.