- Senator the Hon George Brandis QCRobert Garran Offices
- CommissionerAustralian Human Rights Commission
- Greg HuntMinister for Health
Stop psychiatric abuse and gain an apology for it ever having occurred
Those diagnosed by psychiatry, under Mental Health Acts in Australia, have their rights to opinion denied, their rights to freedom from torture contravened.
Even the United Nations has said that forced-drugging and electro-shock falls under the definition of torture. It is not okay to call this ‘care’ and continue this horrific treatment of people who are in crisis.
Hearing voices and having unusual beliefs, as well as emotional upheaval, and dissociating, are not diseases. The DSM is ‘unscientific’ according NIMH. These human responses to cope with stress, are a result of things like trauma, repeated abuse, alienation and grief.
Also, Australia has signed the United Nation's CRPD ratification.
'Article 14 - Liberty and security of the person
1. States Parties shall ensure that persons with disabilities, on an equal basis with others:
(a) Enjoy the right to liberty and security of person;
(b) Are not deprived of their liberty unlawfully or arbitrarily, and that any deprivation of liberty is in conformity with the law, and that the existence of a disability shall in no case justify a deprivation of liberty.
2. States Parties shall ensure that if persons with disabilities are deprived of their liberty through any process, they are, on an equal basis with others, entitled to guarantees in accordance with international human rights law and shall be treated in compliance with the objectives and principles of this Convention, including by provision of reasonable accommodation.
Article 15 - Freedom from torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment
1. No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment. In particular, no one shall be subjected without his or her free consent to medical or scientific experimentation.
2. States Parties shall take all effective legislative, administrative, judicial or other measures to prevent persons with disabilities, on an equal basis with others, from being subjected to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.'
This means psychiatric abuse in Australia (forced drugging, ECT and other cruel and inhumane treatments) are a CRIME under International and Australian Law. So, recognise this, and force those perpetrating this abuse to stop harming people, through YOUR ability to promote awareness. Don't let psychiatric abuse continue! Torture under the guise of 'care' and 'medicine' is still torture to the people who are forced to suffer it. Don't deny this because you haven't yet experienced it. Think about whether you want to be on torturous drugs in the 'aged care' system, whether you want to electrocuted during an unsupported pregnancy, because if they forced psych drugs on you, your baby would be deformed. THINK and...
Please add your name to this petition to the Attorney-General's Department to stop psychiatric abuse and get an apology for this ever having occurred.
People who speak out against psychiatric abuse:
Jaana Satu Castella
Lewis E. Mehl-Madrona
… and many more
‘The United Nations Special Rapporteur on Torture agrees, and has as recently as 2013 called for the abolition of forced psychiatric interventions’
Also, take a look at this website link: ‘We are the 100%’ http://www.mindfreedom.org/mfi-faq/go/now
- Minister for Health and Sport
Greg Hunt MP
- Robert Garran Offices
Senator the Hon George Brandis QC
- Australian Human Rights Commission
- Minister for Health
Psychiatric abuse is a
Affects many people
All kinds of people
It doesn’t require money to stop. It requires
DECENCY and AWARENESS.
The United Nations has declared Australia’s current use of psychiatric forced drugging, electro-shock and other cruel, inhumane practices to be TORTURE.
People diagnosed by psychiatry are denied freedom of opinion and freedom from torture.
Scandinavian techniques such as Open Dialogue are proven to work with those in crisis who’d normally be considered ‘psychotic’. People recover.Where as biological psychiatry has no basis, no recovery rate, is considered ‘unscientific’ by NIMH. Forced drugging and electro shock result in brain-damage, damage to the nervous system and do not allow people to live productive social or working lives.
Please make this change happen for human-rights, as well as productivity. Stop psychiatric abuse. Forced drugging and electro-shock must end. And give those harmed by psychiatry an apology for it ever having happened, so they can have some kind of closure and validation to their grief.
Initially NO started this petition with a single signature, and now has 2,131 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.