To call in Herts County Council planning application for a school on Common Lane, Batford
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
New Petition started 18th Feb 2018
We the undersigned as residents of Hertfordshire petition the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government to exercise his right to call in the Hertfordshire County Council planning proposal, reference PL\0866\17 (5/2733-17) for Land East of Common Lane and North of Lower Luton Road, Batford application for construction of a new 6FE school buildings and associated matters.
We petition the Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government to exercise his right because this proposal requires the completely independent review that a call-in would provide.
- Hertfordshire County Council have failed to satisfactorily manage the entire process (from pre-selection to and including the ongoing planning application)
- Conflict of interest and approach within Hertfordshire County Council
- Unusual factors in the application and background, including archaeology and more
- Other issues as listed in a prior petition https://www.change.org/p/hertfordshire-county-council-reconsider-the-decision-to-build-a-new-harpenden-school-on-the-site-east-of-common-lane
- Hertfordshire County Council delayed review/hearing the original petition until after their planning application had been launched.
Message from RSRP
Don’t let Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) build a new school in a totally inappropriate place.
Just £10 from you could get HCC to change their plans.
The proposed site on the Lower Luton Road is too far from the areas with greatest need and too close to existing schools. At the very least it will create huge traffic and safety issues, destroy green belt, impact the landscape and endanger a nationally significant archaeological site.
If you want the campaign to succeed, please donate now, there's no more time to think about it.
We must act NOW!
There are excellent grounds to successfully challenge HCC … but there are costs involved and a planning decision meeting is imminent (19th February 2018).
Just £10 from everyone who either signed a petition or registered their support in some other way will make a big difference as RSRP continue to challenge HCC.
Please support RSRP with a small donation (up to £50) on this link - https://www.gofundme.com/rsrpfunds
If you feel you can give more please visit the RSRP website http://www.rightschoolrightplace.co.uk/donate.html for other donation options. Thank-you.
To find out more about RSRP and the story so far, please visit www.rsrp.co.uk or search for Right School Right Place on Facebook.
Today: John is counting on you
John Hansen needs your help with “Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government: To call in Herts County Council planning application for a school on Common Lane, Batford”. Join John and 578 supporters today.