Say Yes! To Housing Near Transit #udistrict #yestothefuture
This petition made change with 202 supporters!
Now is the time to voice your support for the U District Urban Design changes!
The proposal would allow our city to house more people in the blocks surrounding the new light rail station opening in 2021 at NE 43rd St. and Brooklyn Ave NE.
The proposal would also implement new affordable housing and open space requirements, as well as incentives for childcare, historic preservation, and street improvements.
Learn more about the U District Urban Design Changes here:
The City of Seattle identified the following as the framework for these changes:
- Recognize light rail as a catalyst for change
- Balance the regional influences with the eclectic local character
- Provide a network of great streets and public spaces
- Grow and diversify jobs
- Welcome a diversity of residents
- Improve public safety
- Encourage quality and variety in the built environment
- Build an environmentally sustainable neighborhood
- Improve integration between UW and the U District
- Support walking, biking, and transit
In addition to signing this petition it is important that you write to Seattle City Council today!
Please email all the councilmembers and tell them you want walkable, amenity-rich, transit-rich neighborhoods that are welcoming to everyone.
The U District is getting more and more expensive everyday. Opposing these design changes will not prevent rents from rising or help long term affordability in our growing city.
Please support the U District Urban Design changes by signing this petition today!
Today: Seattle YIMBYs is counting on you
Seattle YIMBYs needs your help with “Seattle City Council: Say Yes! To Housing Near Transit #udistrict #yestothefuture”. Join Seattle YIMBYs and 201 supporters today.