School Committee, remove Dr. Pope as Superintendent of Marlborough Schools
TIME TO PUT AN END TO THIS MESS. TIME TO SAVE OUR DISTRICT AND OUR SCHOOLS. TIME FOR CHANGE--CHANGE WITHOUT INTIMIDATION.
Marlborough embraces change--but not by way of a leader who BULLIES, LIES, AND BLAMES! Superintendent Anthony Pope has:
• Bullied and exploited students and staff, resulting in a toxic culture that continues to spread—even being told by students and the School Committee—NOT TO ATTEND GRADUATION because he is so strongly disliked and has caused so much harm to the school community
• Provoked confrontations with students and has used scare tactics to silence student voices
• Publicly lied about these tactics and has slandered a student to numerous media outlets
• Received a vote of no confidence from the Marlborough Educators Association
• Deliberately mishandled our High School’s accreditation…and continues to lie about it!!!
• Been deceptive with the budget, repeatedly disregarding school committee and city council’s demand for a line-item budget…resulting in significant cuts because of a lack of trust
• Caused a number of costly lawsuits by unions and employees who have been wronged
• Neglected to provide a number of legally required resources to Special Education students, low-income students and students who are still learning the English language
• Disrupted a school by inexplicably putting a well-respected high school administrator on a 20 week paid administrative leave before firing him and triggering a wrongful termination lawsuit
• Repeatedly intimidated, disrespected, deceived, and disregarded students, staff, school committee members, parents, the press, and the Marlborough Community, displaying an appalling arrogance and defiance.
The Superintendent does not know how to work with students or his employees. His actions have lead to a climate where teachers are afraid of speaking out due his intimidating behavior.
Bullying should, and is not tolerated in Massachusetts, and it won't be tolerated in this community. Sign this petition!
Here are some articles, from newest to oldest:
Remove Dr. Pope as Superintendent of Marlborough Public Schools.
In 2010, Dr. Pope became Superintendent of Marlborough Public Schools. Needless to say since his time as Superintendent Dr. Pope has emerged as someone who intimidates, students, and teachers alike. In 2012, after the Marlborough High School student body created two sit-ins for their favorite administrator--Mr. Bakr-- Dr. Pope came into the high school and threatened to suspend students after they questioned him. That same day, he pushed a staff member who is now pressing charges for assault and battery.
As of the moment, the teachers union is pressing for a vote of no confidence against Dr. Pope who they also admit, has created a climate of fear and distrust.
Unfortunately, since things have blown up, Dr. Pope fired Mr. Bakr on April 12th, 2012 in order to end the student's morale.
Dr. Pope this message is to you. We will not give in, you're a bully and you need to be removed.
The Superintendent does not know how to work with students or his employees. His actions have lead to a climate where teachers are afraid of speaking out due his intimidating behavior. He needs to be removed now. Sign this petition, If you disagree with bullying!
Here are some articles: http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/top_stories/x122729746/Staffer-accuses-Marlborough-superintendent-of-pushing-her