#SavePDP We do not want BMC to take over PriyaDarshani Park.
This petition had 3,002 supporters
P.D.P IS NOT MERELY A PARK, IT'S OUR SANCTUARY.
We urge the citizens of Malabar Hill & frequenters at PriyaDarshani Park, to come together to protect our beloved green-refuge from being shackled by external/political/administrative intervention and control.
The ongoing commotion over the management of our favourite Priyadarshani park (PDP) being attempted to be overtaken by the B.M.C. stirred up quite a confusion amongst the citizens of Malabar hill.
1. The parks currently undertaken by BMC are not properly maintained. Shantivan, near Godrej Baug, for instance.
Why such sudden interest & inclination towards PDP?
2. The newly introduced garden policy is to withdraw 'improperly' maintained plots & hand them to new caretakers. PDP doesn't fit the aforesaid condition.
Why the coercion?
3. The notice served by the MCGM does not state any violation of the agreement of PDP management with the MCGM.
Is this a political stunt in disguise?
4. Furthermore, the ownership of the plot is also a matter of dispute between State Government and the MCGM.
Why the immediate concern?
5. They are proposing to use the park to build a fire-station and the adjacent land to build a 60 storey hotel property. PDP is a slice of nature in the lap of a concrete jungle. Why deprive the residents from their green-retreat for commercial gains?
Let us show our unflinching support, unity and unanimous vote of confidence in the management of Malabar Citizens' Forum & assist them to continue with their good work & maintenance of our beloved PDP.
Please come forth and sign the campaign in support of the present management and to save our cherished habitat. This campaign shall be forwarded to all the relevant authorities, so that we can safeguard our PDP.
Let's join forces to do the right thing!
Durga Bhosle-Shinde/ Anil Singh
Today: Durga is counting on you
Durga Bhosle-Shinde needs your help with “#SavePDP We do not want BMC to take over PriyaDarshani Park.”. Join Durga and 3,001 supporters today.