Save Rowdeford Special School
0 have signed. Let’s get to 10,000!
The future of Rowdeford School is in doubt. Please sign our petition to urge Wiltshire Council to keep the school on the current Rowdeford School site.
We believe that the Rowdeford School site is an exceptional resource that must remain part of Wiltshire Special School provision in the future. The Wiltshire Local Authority consultation on complex needs provision in the north of the county must not lose sight of the needs of children and young people.
Rowdeford School is widely regarded both locally and in the wider community. The school has been commended by Ofsted and graded as ‘Good or ‘Outstanding’ for the last 10 years. Ofsted congratulated the school for ‘the good quality care and support the children receive from a highly committed staff team, who have a thorough understanding of their needs’ as well as commenting on the ‘outstanding teaching and support that enables all students to make great strides in their learning’.
Rowdeford School’s unique strength is its outdoor provision and how it is used to develop community links, with other stakeholders, both within and outside the county. Outdoor Learning is so important to Rowdeford School because it opens doors to rewarding and sustainable futures in the community and workplaces for young people with special needs. Working outdoors helps students to learn more about themselves and grow in confidence. Students learn how to look after themselves and stay safe so that they can be an active part in their local communities. We believe in working collaboratively with others, including potential employers, to maximise opportunities for students’ current and future success and in kindling students’ desire to go on and achieve.
Rowdeford School cares for and educates students with complex learning difficulties, focusing on improving communication, social interaction and preparing students to lead independent, adult lives.
Rowdeford School is the right site for very vulnerable students because:
- It is perfectly placed geographically to provide for students across a wide area of the county
- It provides fantastic outdoor education that has been proven to enhance the education of all students
- Closure of the school’s estate would be a significant loss to specialist provision in the county, a resource that could never be replicated or replaced
- It is a well-proven fact that the mental health of students is significantly improved in an environment such as that available at the school
- It has an excellent reputation and is highly regarded for the exceptional outcomes it delivers
- It is an outstanding provision that has received a great deal of praise from Ofsted over the last 10 years
- The opportunities it offers to students both within the school and from the wider community are exceptional.
- The national and local recognition that the school has received over the years is exceptional
- Loss of the school estate would be to the detriment of SEND provision across the county
We believe that the Rowdeford School site is an exceptional resource that must remain part of Wiltshire's Special School provision in the future.
Please sign our petition to urge Wiltshire Council to keep the school on the current Rowdeford School site.
Today: Rowdeford Special School is counting on you
Rowdeford Special School needs your help with “Save Rowdeford Special School”. Join Rowdeford Special School and 8,496 supporters today.