Save Our Sanctuary: Stop the proposed Huck's Food and Fuel Station
This petition made change with 1,442 supporters!
The proposed Huck's Food and Fuel Station at the intersection of Alben Barkley Drive and Friendship Road in Paducah, Kentucky will have a negative impact on the quality of life of residents and clients of Lotus Children's Advocacy and Sexual Violence Resource Center, which is located adjacent to the proposed site for the gas station. We need your help in ensuring a sanctuary of safety, comfort, and healing for countless survivors and families in this community now and for years to come!
The negative impacts of the proposed Huck's Food and Fuel Station at this location include:
- Disruption to sanctuary of safety and healing for survivors and families served by Lotus Children's Advocacy & Sexual Violence Resource Center. The victims and families we serve at Lotus have experienced the worst life has to offer. Our campus provides enhanced tranquility and therapeutic experience with green spaces specifically designed to meet the physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of survivors and families.
- Increased barriers for survivors and partners to access services. The intersection at Alben Barkley Drive and Friendship Road is highly congested. The installation of a Huck’s Food and Fuel Station will further overload this intersection, increasing stress and road accidents.
- Noise and light pollution. To provide high visibility, gas stations are very well lit causing light pollution to the surrounding area, 24-hours a day.
- Environmental damage. Research shows that fuel spilled at gas stations could cause long-term environmental damage to soil and groundwater.
- Health risks. Studies indicate increased levels of airborne chemicals surrounding gas stations, specifically Benzene, a known carcinogen that has been shown to affect the central nervous system, respiratory track, and the immune system.
We are urging Mayor George Bray, our City Commissioners, Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment, and other key leaders to support Lotus by avoiding these costly and damaging impacts on our clients and neighbors by preventing Martin & Bayley Inc. from building a Huck's Food and Fuel Station at this location.
Today: Lotus Children's Advocacy & Sexual Violence Resource Center is counting on you
Lotus Children's Advocacy & Sexual Violence Resource Center needs your help with “Save Our Sanctuary: Stop the proposed Huck's Food and Fuel Station”. Join Lotus Children's Advocacy & Sexual Violence Resource Center and 1,441 supporters today.