Save Nod Road! Oppose the zone change!
This petition made change with 3,094 supporters!
By signing this petition, I join Save Nod Road in saying “NO” to rezoning of any kind on the Blue Fox Run golf course in Avon, CT. Application #4895 proposes a zone change from Agriculture to RU2A (residential) on 37+ acres of this 200+ acre parcel. We strongly believe this is an inappropriate use of this land, all of which should permanently remain open space with no further development.
Some of the reasons we oppose this application:
- If approved, this application paves the way for 95+ condominiums and homes. The asphalt, concrete, and roofs will cover the naturally absorbent soils and contribute to runoff which will potentially harm and add to the already significant flood risk that exists on Nod Road.
- This land contains wetlands, is surrounded by floodplain, abuts the federally designated Wild & Scenic Farmington River and is home to a host of wildlife and biodiversity.
- Such a proposed development as this would be out of character on this scenic and historic road.
- The proposed development of Blue Fox Run golf course does not align with the Town's Plan of Conservation and Development.
- The construction on the western side of the Farmington River in Simsbury, combined with the 400 planned residential units that are part of Avon’s Village Center Project, and the 270 proposed units at Avon Mill Apartments off of Waterville Road, is contributing to the rapid loss of open space in the Farmington Valley.
- Development of this land is permanent and irreversible.
Let the Avon town leaders know of your opposition by signing our petition. (The Town Manager, Town Council, Director of Planning & Community Development and Planning and Zoning Commission will be presented with copies of this petition.) We thank you for your support!
P.S. THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE A DONATION TO SAVE NOD ROAD IS THROUGH OUR WEBSITE. GO TO www.savenodroad.org/donate Thanks!
Today: Robin is counting on you
Robin Baran needs your help with “Save Nod Road! Oppose the zone change!”. Join Robin and 3,093 supporters today.