SAN BERNADINO COUNTY - Devore * Big Bear * Apple Valley * STOP THE KILLING!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 75,000!
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi
IT'S TIME FOR CHANGE AND REFORM AT ALL SAN BERNADINO COUNTY SHELTERS! DEVORE ✅ BIG BEAR ✅ APPLE VALLEY ✅ WHEN WILL THE SENSELESS KILLING OF HEALTHY AND ADOPTABLE ANIMALS AT THIS SHELTER END?
County of San Bernardino Animal Shelter - Devore, Apple Valley and Big Bear!
- ❌ Stop allowing owner surrenders to request that a healthy dog be euthanized! Allow a rescue to save the dog AND Post that dog on Petharbor so that rescues are aware of the dog!
- ❌ San Bernadino County ALLOWS AN OWNER TO "PAY" TO HAVE THEIR DOG EUTHANIZED FOR ANY REASON. They are not counseled or offered alternative solutions. DEATH IS NEVER THE SOLUTION! Nor is making $$$$ to kill a dog an option!
- ❌ DAILY EUTH LISTS! The usual number of dogs Euth listed Daily equates to 1/3 of the total dogs in the shelter. This is outrageous.
- ❌ The Staff have been told that they may not speak to anyone about any dog in quarantine and they are not allowed to give out ANY information whatsoever!
- ❌ Dogs are being labeled as AGGRESSIVE (tiny Chi's, Terriers, MinPin's, etc) and are made Rescue Only. THEY ARE TERRIFIED, NOT MEAN! The employees labeling these small dogs "aggressive" have NO formal training as behaviorists and have no qualifications to properly evaluate dogs. Dogs who weigh under 10 pounds are Euth listed for “POSSIBLE FEAR BITER’; if a dog growls or barks in what the shelter states is an aggressive manner - bam, EUTH LISTED!
- ❌ The dogs who end up in these incredibly noisy and chaotic shelters are upset and terrified! This does not mean that they are in anyway aggressive! Do they deserve to die for being scared? These shelter supervisors seem to believe so.
- ❌ STOP BREAKING THE LAW! Specifically THE HAYDEN ACT; when healthy dogs are being killed, this is a direct violation of the the law! Trained behaviorist’s are not the ones making the decision to kill a healthy dog, untrained shelter employee’s are making those decisions. Untrained workers are deciding if a dog is aggressive and unadoptable and whether they live or die. Since when did a growling dog label them aggressive? ALL DOGS GROWL. ALL DOGS BARK. THIS DOES NOT MAKE THEM UN-ADOPTABLE.
❌ Over 2000 animals were euthanized at the Devore and Big Bear Animal Shelters in 2017.
❌ The laws and administration that govern these shelters needs to change.
❌❌❌ Changes requested to be implemented via phone conversations and a letter written and mailed in February 2018.
• Volunteers allowed on site - to bathe, groom, walk, take photos, and play with the animals.
• Small and large dog play groups to de-stress, and provide socialization.
•A behaviorist on site to properly evaluate all dogs who enter the shelters, so that so many aren’t labeled rescue only.
•A veterinarian on site to properly care for sick and/or hurting animals.
•Soft bedding and cots so that they can sleep in comfort.
•A shelter revision to allow the kennels to be indoors to be protected from the elements, but to have windows that open for the sun to shine in and fresh air.
•Animal ID’s and the pets information card to be placed on all kennels. Also to name the animals to give them more meaning.
•A change in the administration who will work hard to make the shelter low kill. Kind and compassionate people in charge who care about life and living.
We must have CHANGE, we must have REFORM, we must have AN ADMINISTRATION who wants to protect and facilitate the adoption and rescue of shelter dogs in their care. They have little to no compassion or the desire to effect change; to save lives.
It is time that the citizens of CALIFORNIA get involved to facilitate CHANGE! This petition will make it's way around the US and worldwide (I hope). We NEED you to be outraged. We need you to feel sick and to get angry! The animals unlucky enough to end up in this shelter have almost NO chance of surviving there. How is this sheltering a homeless and abandoned animal? How do we ALLOW this to happen in the USA and in one of the most affluent states in the US?
BE THE ANIMALS VOICE!
> Department of Public Health
> Phone: 800-472-5609
> Fax: 909-387-0125
> 351 North Mountain View Avenue
> 3rd Floor, Room 302
> San Bernardino, CA 92415-0003
No matter how hard we try, and by WE, I mean the rescues, networkers, animal activists and lovers of LIFE, they think that they can kill whenever and whoever they please. Where are the Council Members, Assemblyman, Media, and the people who are supposed to be protecting our pets? Someone needs to step up and help! These shelters are the Holocaust of animal shelters; we need YOUR SUPPORT to help them or tomorrow it will happen again. Talking and complaining has gotten us nowhere! Email anyone and everyone!
Together let's do this folks, they need us!
EMAIL these people! Be a VOICE for the animals who have no voice!
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 75,000!