Say NO to the Committee's Plan! Save Papa o Te Aroha Marae, Tokoroa
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
This Petition seeks to stop the creation of a Charitable Trust and the undermining of the current structure of Papa o Te Aroha Marae.
The current Committee of the Tokoroa Catholic Maori Society : Tene Kereopa (President) Glennys Whyte,(Assistant Treasurer), Mark Mahutonga (Secretary), Prue Christie (Treasurer), Carey Taluta (Deacon) are seeking to create a new Charitable Trust with the intention of Trustees self appointing. Further it is the intention that the new entity will take the Lead for all Marae activities.
We do not believe a new entity is required for the Marae and would like the integrity of Papa o Te Aroha to be retained and not be undermined by the creation of a Charitable Trust.
It is unnecessary as the current structure of Papa o Te Aroha is an Incorporated Society.
- Incorporated Societies can apply for Charitable Status.
- The Incorporated Society is Driven by its members Not a Board of Trustees
Why is Papa o Te Aroha Marae so important to this community?
- Because it was established through the Wairua (Spirit) of the Tokoroa Catholic Maori Society with Father Tuerlings and the support of the Hamilton Diocesan Bishop Edward Gaines in 1987.
- It was created to be a Community Marae to be used by all peoples to demonstrate the Catholic values of Aroha (Care and Attention), respect and charity to all.
- There is a Pou for all peoples within its walls in the great wharenui. Calling all to feel at home in the warmth of the ancestral representations.
- It is considered a very Holy site of ordination for the very first Catholic Maori Bishop, Bishop Takuira Max Mariu in 1988 by Bishop Edward Gaines.
We seek support to preserve this Mauri and keep the integrity and Tapu o te Mana o Papa o Te Aroha free from violation.
We DO NOT support the removal of Catholic or Maori in any way.
We, the undersigned, are concerned citizens who urge the Tokoroa Catholic Maori Committee to act now to Retain the Incorporated Society i.e. Tokoroa Catholic Maori Society as the only Governing Entity for Papa o Te Aroha Marae, and to cease all investigation and actions to create a new Charitable Trust.
Today: Andrew is counting on you
Andrew Paul needs your help with “Sam Papa: Say NO to the Committee's Plan! Save Papa o Te Aroha Marae, Tokoroa”. Join Andrew and 596 supporters today.