Re-open Roads Closed under Waltham Forest Mini-Holland Scheme
This petition had 6,239 supporters
We the undersigned hereby petition the Mayor of London, the London Assembly and Transport for London to re-open all the roads that have been closed in London Borough of Waltham Forest under the Mini-Holland programme and to abide by Sadiq Khan’s own statement “The first phase has not been a huge success. We need to learn lessons from the pilot boroughs (Waltham Forest, Enfield and Kingston).There are some teething problems but if you’re inconvenienced, it’s more than a teething problem.”
1. LBWF had no electoral mandate for these proposals.The bid was put together by the Portfolio holder with a few cycling enthusiasts who have an exclusionary ideology.There was no consultation before the bid was submitted
2. The so-called consultations carried out after the bid was approved were very flawed: only one paper per household; lots of households especially on estates not receiving a paper at all; not allowed to comment on roads outside our own area; leading questions;false reporting of meetings.
3. Since the road closures the traffic congestion and pollution on the roads that havent been closed has increased massively
4. Road closures have greatly increased journey times for all of us. People particularly affected include people with disabilities and their carers; emergency vehicles; delivery lorries; refuse collectors; small businesses; women needing to trip-chain; bus users.
5. Closing roads has absolutely nothing to do with encouraging cycling. Other boroughs have implemented great and welcome improvements for cyclists without closing roads
Today: Christine is counting on you
Christine Greig needs your help with “Sadiq Khan: Re-open Roads Closed under Waltham Forest Mini-Holland Scheme”. Join Christine and 6,238 supporters today.