Oppose the Westferry Printworks development
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The developers of Westferry Printworks have submitted a new application to double the amount of housing on the site. The Isle of Dogs is suffering from over-development and this new application will only add to that.
The developers plan to increase the amount of housing by increasing the heights of towers by 50% and reducing open space.
We call upon the London Borough of Tower Hamlets and the Mayor of London Sadiq Khan to OPPOSE the current application for the Westferry Print Works site for the following reasons:
• The heights of the buildings are excessive. They are excessive but also break the ‘step down’ principle by which building heights reduce southwards from Canary Wharf to reflect the low rise standards at the South of the Island.
• The development is far too dense and will put massive pressure on services including transport, open space and public service.
• There is insufficient affordable housing.
• The towers will affect the useability of the Docks for water based leisure uses.
• The re-design reduces open space from the original proposal. Playgrounds have been redesigned as “vertical climbing walls” for example.
• The design and scale will have an impact on the natural habitat of the dock, which is home to swans, geese, coots, ducks, fish and seals.
• The proposal to use the Millwall Dock for stormwater run-off will risk water and environment qualkty and public safety and health.
Today: Mufeedah is counting on you
Mufeedah Bustin needs your help with “Sadiq Khan: Oppose the Westferry Printworks development”. Join Mufeedah and 280 supporters today.