Request for Markham Council to change the grass cutting service level of public spaces.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Commencing May of each year, are you usually tired of not being able to take your kids to the park due to overgrown grass and weeds? Embarrassed by the eyesore of the uncut boulevards and medians? Do you find yourself cleaning pesky dandelion from your legs after navigating through the boulevards and parks?
After years of listening to residents expressed their frustration with the same issues, we have started this petition to ask Markham Council to change the service level of grass cutting for public spaces (parks, boulevards and medians) to commence the first week of May starting in 2018 to help keep the grass and weeds under control.
Benefits for early start:
- Cutting off the heads of dandelions before they go to seed will reduce propagation.
- Reduce hazard from sharp edges of broken bottles, metals or cans and dog poop hiding in overgrown areas.
- Maintaining the parks and play areas earlier in the season will enable families to be able to use the area during the warm weather starting in May.
- It reduces unwanted pests such as rodents and ticks in the neighborhood.
- When the city maintains their properties, it sets the right example and inspires residents to do the same which reduces the number of service calls to the city.
We would like city council to know that we want to see change with the service levels which will provide a greater community experience and beautify Markham so that residents are proud to live here.
Please support the cause by signing and sharing with your friends and families in Markham.
Today: Keep is counting on you
Keep Cornell Beautiful needs your help with “Request for Markham Council to change the maintenance service level for public spaces (parks, boulevards and medians) commencing 2018.”. Join Keep and 133 supporters today.