Reclassify Sarasota County Beach Patrol EMT/Lifeguards under the FRS Special Risk Class
This petition had 584 supporters
Under Fla State Statutes 121.0515 Special Risk Class.
(4) PROCEDURE FOR DESIGNATING.—
(a) Any member of the Florida Retirement System employed by a county, municipality, or special district who feels that his or her position meets the criteria set forth in this section for membership in the Special Risk Class may request that his or her employer submit an application to the department requesting that the department designate him or her as a Special Risk member. If the employer agrees that the member meets the requirements for Special Risk Class membership, the employer shall submit an application to the department on behalf of the employee containing a certification that the member meets the criteria for Special Risk Class membership set forth in this section and such other supporting documentation as may be required by administrative rule.
- In March of 2012 Beach lifeguards/EMTs from SCGOV handed in an application form (FRS405) Application for Special Risk Class Membership, to SCGOV chain of command and Human Resources, asking to be reclassified into the SPECIAL RISK (SR) retirement plan.
- SCGOV denied that request, citing that those Beach Lifeguards/EMTs do not meet the 3 criteria.(Fla State Statutes 121.0515).
- It was at this point an appeal to the FRC was submitted and hence there was supposed to be a hearing on October, 2016. Unfortunately, that meeting was moved back and yet to be determined on a later date.
- This page is to help bring the public to recognize & support Open H20 Lifeguard/EMT's in getting the same Special Risk Status as Firefighters, EMT's & LEO.
- Sarasota County Beach Patrol has tried for years to get the same Special Risk status as 7 other Lifeguard Agencies in the State of Florida.
- Sarasota County Government should recognize and support reclassifying Sarasota County Beach Patrol's EMT/Lifeguard's into Special Risk Retirement Plan.
Today: Special Risk Status for Open Water Lifeguard/EMT's is counting on you
Special Risk Status for Open Water Lifeguard/EMT's needs your help with “Reclassify Sarasota County Beach Patrol EMT/Lifeguards under the FRS Special Risk Class”. Join Special Risk Status for Open Water Lifeguard/EMT's and 583 supporters today.