We, the undersigned demand the immediate resignation of the full cabinet of RBKC.
This petition had 2,583 supporters
We, the undersigned, who live or work in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, demand the immediate resignation of the full cabinet of RBKC. The Cabinet’s decisions across a series of departments have culminated in the horrifying and completely avoidable loss of life in the catastrophic fire at Grenfell Tower on the 14th of June 2017. Given the Council’s failure to respond to the litany of safety and fire concerns raised by Grenfell Tower residents, we have no confidence in this Council’s ability to manage or build public buildings and therefore demand the immediate cessation of all regeneration projects, particularly the construction of new buildings, but including the demolition, or ‘improvement’ of current buildings stock – projects of the kind that the current cabinet have shown themselves grossly incapable of managing.
- The immediate resignation of the full Cabinet
- An immediate halt of all building projects managed by the Council and associated demolition/ transfer of buildings
- An urgent review of all major planning decisions
- A full suspension of all ‘regeneration’ projects and local masterplans, including estates
- New community co-designed masterplans for key areas, including Latimer and Westway
Today: Friends of North Kensington Library is counting on you
Friends of North Kensington Library needs your help with “RBKC Council: We, the undersigned demand the immediate resignation of the full cabinet of RBKC.”. Join Friends of North Kensington Library and 2,582 supporters today.