- Rahm EmanuelMayor, Chicago
- Forrest ClaypoolPresident, CTA Chicago
Rahm Emanuel, Forrest Claypool, CTA Chicago: We don’t want the new Ventra CTA system
Mr Rahm Emanuel and Forrest Claypool we don’t want the new Ventra system because we DON’T want the following:
• A $3 single-ride train ticket, instead of the current $2.25.
• The Ventra card costing $5, which will be credited towards future transit fares only if we register it within 90 days of purchase
• Pay $2 fee for making a phone call to Ventra's customer service center for Ventra Debit
• Pay $2 for requesting paper copy of transactions for Ventra Debit
• A $5-a-month "dormancy fee'' charged to the transit-fare account that are inactive for 18 months. Instead of charging us a dormancy fee, you should pay us interest for keeping our money.
• A $2-a-month "dormancy fee'' charged to the pre-paid debit side are inactive for 18 months
• A $6 "Balance Refund Fee'' to receive a check for the remainder balance on the Ventra account
• FEE DROPPED - Pay $10 per hour “Account Research Fee” while disputing a charge on Ventra Debit
• FEE DROPPED - A $2.95 "Reload on Internet'' fee each time we add money to the retail side of Ventra cards using a personal credit card
What do we want?
Technologically, the Ventra system seems like a step forward, what we want is the current Chicago Card Plus being upgraded to use "Ventra" technology with nothing else changed, none of the pesky charges, nothing.
What does signing this petition do?
Upon signing, an email will be sent out to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify them of your support to this petition.
To read more -
2 fees dropped, but CTA's Ventra still pricey
CTA's Ventra debit option rife with fees
Who really benefits from the CTA's Ventra card?
- Mayor, Chicago
- President, CTA Chicago
We don’t want the new Ventra CTA system
Ankit P started this petition with a single signature, and now has 1,662 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.