The restrictions placed on Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic, especially during lockdowns, have had innumerable negative effects. One of the greatest damages has been done (and is currently being done) to our youth.
Fortunately the media is finally starting to report on some of the tragedies that are taking place, however, we still need your support to raise awareness of the damages lockdowns on our youth.
Sign the petition and spread the word. #SaveOurYouth
Here are some key articles. This is just the tip of the iceberg.
1. Toronto Star: The kids are in crisis — and COVID-19 is making it worse. In Canada, deteriorating youth mental health is leaving a generation in distress
2. Toronto Star: ‘Disturbing trend’: Ottawa hospital sees rise in number of babies with severe head injuries during second wave of COVID-19
3. The Canadian Press: Experts say pandemic fuelling apparent spike in eating disorders among adolescents
4. Mental Health Foundation: Impacts of lockdown on the mental health of children and young people
5. Toronto Star: 4 million cries for help: Calls to Kids Help Phone soar amid pandemic
6. The Toronto Sun: The mental health impact of lockdown on Ontario's youth