# Ban Beef
0 have signed. Let’s get to 75,000!
Cow has been given a place equivalent to a Mother , like a mother she is a Giver not only milk is vital to human's health but her dung and urine is also useful .
People say 'only dried up cows are slaughtered' ,would you slaughter your mother once she doesn't feed you anymore?
Cow is the only animal whose every product is useful for creation. Cow dung is used as a manure for the soil in cultivation. Cows urine has medicinal and anti cancer properties and is used in the soil for anti-termite properties. Cow milk is nourishment par excellence.
Lets check the scientific reasons for banning beef -
Ancient texts tell us and modern science confirms that every action has an equal and opposite reaction.
However, all the hazards are stored in its meat and he who eats them breeds a host of diseases.
- Beef contains significant quantities of the most toxic organic chemical known - dioxin. This chemical is toxic even in the pictogram quantities also (one million millionth of a gram). Dioxin has been linked to cancer, endometriosis, Attention Deficit Disorder (hyperactivity in children), reproductive systems defects in children, chronic fatigue syndrome, immune system deficiency, and rare nerve and blood disorders. Just a 100 gm Beef contains up to 100 picograms of dioxin. That is 300 times as much as the EPA says is "acceptable" for a daily dose for an adult!
- Beef can harbor a deadly new germ, called e. coli O157:H7. This new germ is now a major cause of serious food poisoning.
- MAD COW Disease is a lethal Disease which affects the Central Nervous System and is spread by infected Cattle. There is no cure for this disease and death is Certain.
- Beef is also toxic to the Liver also and causes Liver damage.
- Beef increases the incidence of Type II diabetes.
- Lot of Dyes and coloring agents which contain Nitrites are added to beef at the meat counter to make it look healthy. These when they reach the intestine break down to form Nitrosamines which are cancer promoting substances and incidence of Colon cancer is higher in regular beef eaters.
Let's have a look at the eye opening facts about the benefits :-
- Bio-gas plants: India has approximately 20 crore cattle. Using their dung to produce bio-gas, we can save 4crore ton of firewood every year. This would arrest deforestation to that extent. Poor families of rural and backward areas can earn Rs.18500/- per year by installing biogas plants of their own, from the dung of the dried cows and bullocks.
- Organic fertilisers and manure: We receive 36 bags full of urea, 18 bags of super phosphate and 54 bags full of potash from a single cow or the bull’s dung alone. A dried cow (not milching) alone yields every year 2 tons of cow dung and urine to the society at large. We have 22 lakh tons of cattle dung, worth rupees 55 crores per day. Lakhs of tons of cow urine (an indigenous natural disinfectant) is available every year, which is the best disinfectant for our crops and for use in medicines for the cure of several diseases.
- Milk: India has 150 million cows, each of them giving an average of less than 200 litres of milk per year. If they could be fed and looked after, they can give 11,000 litres, as Israeli cows do. That would provide milk for the whole world. The milk we produce today is the cheapest in the world. With enhanced production we could become the world’s largest exporter of milk and it could be India’s biggest foreign exchange earner.
- Medicine: If it is not sufficient to know that many US companies are trying to patent the cow urine, it may interest you that it has been proven that cow urine helps in curing diseases like AIDS and Cancer. Cowdung has antiseptic, anti-radioactive and anti-thermal properties. When we coat the walls and clean the floors of a house with cowdung, it protects the dwellers. In 1984, a gas leak in Bhopal killed more than 20,000 people. Those living in houses with cowdung- coated walls were not affected. Atomic power centres in India and Russia even today use cowdung to shield personnel from radiation.
COW is not just another animal , She is a GIVER ,hence worthy of worship.All of us share an emotional bond with her.Please # BAN BEEF in India !
Today: Dhyan is counting on you
Dhyan Foundation needs your help with “Prime Minister: # Ban Beef”. Join Dhyan and 62,520 supporters today.