Join the Saturday Celebration
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200,000!
UPDATE: We’ve listened to ALL of your feedback since the petition started in 2018 and view this as an opportunity to truly honor what Halloween is – a celebration of self-expression and unity. While we still believe an end-of-October Saturday observance will promote safety and increase the fun, this year we will be launching a national initiative designed to enhance the Halloween that we all know and love.
Instead of changing the date that American’s celebrate Halloween, we will be adding an additional day of festivities in partnership with Party City and other brands. National Trick or Treat Day will take place annually on the last Saturday of October so families across the country can participate in community parades, throw neighborhood parties and opt for daytime Trick or Treating.
We will launch the #ALLoween campaign designed to support the all-day celebration of National Trick or Treat Day AND the time-honored traditions of Halloween on October 31st.
With your support, we will create a safer, longer, bigger celebration for ALL by making National Trick or Treat Day official!
Sign the National Trick or Treat Day Petition!
It's time for a Safer, Longer, Stress-Free Celebration! Let's ADD a Halloween celebration to the last Saturday of October!
- 3,800 Halloween-related injuries each year. Talk to your kids about safety before they head out!
- 82% of parents don’t use high visibility aids on their costume, be sure to incorporate reflective tape, glow sticks, finger lights or light up accessories
- 63% of children don’t carry a flashlight while they are trick-or-treating. Grab a clip-on light if they don’t want to carry one! Children are more than twice as likely to be hit by a car and killed on Halloween. Discuss safety, pre-plan a route, stay on sidewalks and use crosswalks
- 65% of parents don’t discuss Halloween safety with their children. Talk with your kids and offer ways to ensure a fun and safe experience
- 12% of children 5 and under go trick or treating without the supervision of an adult. Grab a costume and take advantage of some good ol' fashioned family bonding!
- 51% Of Millennials say Halloween is their favorite holiday, why cram it into 2 rushed evening weekday hours when it deserves a full day!?!
Sign the Petition Today!
Today: Halloween & Costume Association is counting on you
Halloween & Costume Association needs your help with “President of the United States: Join the Saturday Celebration”. Join Halloween & Costume Association and 156,820 supporters today.