S.O.S Georgian homeless animals need your help.
This petition had 1,741 supporters
President of Georgia Giorgi Margvelashvili
Prime Minister of Georgia Giorgi Kvirikashvili
Chairman of the Parliament of Georgia David Usupashvili
We, the undersigned, plenipotentiary citizens and voters of Georgia remind you that Georgia has chosen the course of European Integration and within the legislation of EU the principles have clearly been defined through which the country integrated in European neighborhood should guide; since European values are getting established in Georgia, the number of animal protectors as well as the interest to homeless animals and their rights are increasing. We believe that:
· In the nearest future Georgia will join European Convention for the Protection of Pet Animals.
· It is necessary that the country should have organic framework law which will clearly define and protect welfare principles and standards of pet animals. We would tell you that on 09.03.2016 of the same year, in the Parliament of Georgia has been registered the Bill “About the welfare of pet animals” (N385). Unfortunately, the Bill caused negative reaction from the side of state structures and Tbilisi City Hall. LEPL of Tbilisi City Hall “Animal monitoring agency” is distinguished with special categoriality and opposite position which directly applied to the Parliamentary Secretary – Shalva Tadumadze and strongly demanded blocking the Bill.
· Management rules (April 6, 2015, N7-28) for animals (dogs, cats) and their population adopted by the City Council needs urgent review and its execution is the responsibility of Tbilisi City Hall’s LEPL “Animal monitoring agency” (Resolution of the City Council, December 12, 2014, N17-56). In this manner, the rights of the part of the community who care for homeless animals as well as the rights of the animals under their care are rudely violated. It should be noted that for these animals are spent the amount allocated from the state budget as well as the amount of non-government organizations and citizens.
Recently, the situation has become alarming since “Animal monitoring agency” violates its own statute as well as the regulations adopted by the City Council which indicates to official indifference of agency management and unprofessionalism.
Therefore we strongly demand:
1. Reorganization of the structure and review of the staff and replacement with the staff of proper education and qualification. It is necessary that the employees of the agency were aware of the norms of animal welfare. It is unacceptable that such a body be composed of former employees of law enforcement agencies who do not have relevant knowledge and skills.
2. Dismissal of the leadership of legal entities because it fails to ensure effective and correct functioning of the agency.
3. Complete change of the rules adopted by the City Council acting in Tbilisi and the statute of the agency, ensuring of active participation of non-government organizations during the review process and full consideration of their recommendations.
Today: Sophie is counting on you
Sophie Jibuti needs your help with “President of Georgia Giorgi Margvelashvili: S.O.S Georgian homeless animals need your help.”. Join Sophie and 1,740 supporters today.