#Save NallaMala Forest
#Save NallaMala Forest
uranium ores are found under #NallaMalaForest. So Telangana and Andhrapradesh governments are planning to start mining for uranium ores in nallamala forest region which comes under provinces of both Telangana and AndhraPradesh states(with collaboration of central government).
Uranium ores are also found in Lambapur-Peddagutta in Nalgonda district in Telangana state.
If mining process starts then first deforestation will be done it effects:
- First and foremost thing is oxygen generation by nallamala forest gets depleted and rains doesn't fall properly.
- We lose a large medicinal trees in the forest.
- Rare species of animals are moved away from forest.
- Once mining is started farm lands will die.
- In the purification process of uranium ores chemicals are released into #Krishna river and the krishna water gets poisoned.
- #Krishna river water is the source of drinking water for people living in hyderabad and if mining starts hyderabad would experience scarcity of drinking water.
- Mining in both Nallamala forest and Lambapur region effects hyderabad drinking water.
- While mining it emits a dangerous gas called #Radon which causes lung cancer,dysfunctioning of urinary system and uterus(for women).
- Temperatures increases.
- In the initial mining of uranium ores,it releases a large amount of Greenhouse gases and huge radiations.
- Ultimately uranium pollutes land,water and air. And also makes tribal people homeless.
- Uranium mining results huge loses for both Telangana and Andhrapradesh states.
- We have seen how uranium mining effected the land,water and air in Tummalapalle in Kadapa district.
- But if uranium mining starts at lambapur-peddagutta in nalgonda region the severity is high when compared to tummalapalle because it is vicinity to a huge water body i.e., Nagarjunasagar dam.
- survey for mining process in lambapur in nalgonda region is going on since 2006. villagers of peddamula has stopped the reconnaissance survey in chandampet mandal as 10 goats were died because of water came from borewells dugged for uranium survey in 2009.
- We have to keep in mind that, if nature is protected then we can lead our life happily.
- A senior scientist named #k.BabuRao belongs to Indian Institute of Chemical Engineering Technology is condemning uranium mining. So we have to support him and stop this mining.