Don't destroy the beautiful farmland and views around Leeming Bar!
This petition had 173 supporters
We, the undersigned, strongly oppose Hambleton Council's proposal to extend the industrial estate to the north and east of Leeming Bar, totally enclosing Leases Rd, Low St, Lowlands and Ashlands by industrial units.
- This proposed development threatens wildlife and the biodiversity of our area. These fields are frequented by and home to a multitude of species, including deer, woodpeckers, buzzards, sparrowhawks, and many smaller species which are essential to the biodiversity of the area.
- The proposed development will ruin the view of open farmland and the Hambleton Hills, the last glorious view in Leeming Bar. This will cause homeowners material damage to their property values and will remove the very reason many chose to settle in Leeming Bar.
- The site proposed is prime agricultural land. once gone it can never be reclaimed in its original beauty and purity.
- The area has plentiful employment and this development therefore offers no needful solution of purpose for the local economy or community.
- Leeming has undergone substantial development in the past few years with the bypass, housing developments and substantial industrial encroachment. It is neither fair nor necessary to subject the residents to more development.
- Residents will not only suffer spoiled views and the violation of a landscape they treasure but also high levels of noise, light and traffic pollution.
We would ask the council to be mindful of its duty in protecting our local environment and to ensure that all development is needful, sustainable and uses brownfield sites wherever possible. We reject this proposal in the strongest terms as unnecessary, unsustainable and damaging to our local community and our local environment.
Today: Leeming Bar Residents Association is counting on you
Leeming Bar Residents Association needs your help with “Police chief Pierre Vandersmissen: Belgian police: Please stop taking migrants' sleeping bags!”. Join Leeming Bar Residents Association and 172 supporters today.