Community Input Should be Mandatory in Selection of Kings Beach Town Center Developer
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
The Kings Beach Town Center property, owned by Placer County, purchased with public funds, and located in the heart of Lake Tahoe community of Kings Beach, CA, is currently for sale by the County. To date, the local community has not had an opportunity to weigh in with regard to the submitted purchase sale agreements, or the plans outlined by those who intend to redevelop the property.
The Placer County Board of Supervisors will vote to award the purchase sale agreement to San Diego-based C.W. Clark/Kalthia Group for redevelopment of the Kings Beach Town Center property at their Auburn, CA meeting on Tuesday, February 6, 2018.
By signing, you’ve added your voice to request that the Placer County Board of Supervisors:
- Delay the purchase sale agreement proposed by C.W. Clark/Kalthia Group at their meeting on February 6, 2018 and allow time for community engagement;
- Request that county staff demonstrate how they have engaged community members in the selection process;
- Request that county staff describe how they plan to generate community support for the proposed developer and the project they’ve put forth;
- Request that county staff publish proposal requirements, evaluation criteria, and identify which stakeholders will be making selection decisions on behalf of the community;
- Allow the local community the opportunity to weigh in on purchase, sale and redevelopment proposals prior to contracting.
It is critical that any selected project demonstrate Kings Beach Vision Plan compatibility, revitalization of the community, environmental gains, and retention of the community character.
Please sign, comment and share this petition in support of involvement of the local community in the conversation and decision about the sale of the Kings Beach Town Center property.
Today: Residents of Kings Beach, CA and surrounding communities is counting on you
Residents of Kings Beach, CA and surrounding communities needs your help with “Placer County Board of Supervisors: Community Input Should be Mandatory in Selection of Kings Beach Town Center Developer”. Join Residents of Kings Beach, CA and surrounding communities and 801 supporters today.