Stop the plebiscite for alternative PCP Diplomate Pathway
This petition made change with 146 supporters!
The Philippine College of Physicians (PCP) will be having a plebiscite on an alternative pathway for Diplomate status of PCP. Under this proposal all Internal Medicine graduates of a 2 year program that have not taken or did not pass the Philippine Specialty Board of Internal Medicine (PSBIM) will be allowed to take a new qualifying exam if they have been in practice for more than 15 years and in active practice in the community.
They will be allowed to take a PSBIM exam.
The plebiscite should not push through because this information has not been properly disseminated to all the Diplomate/Fellow members of the PCP that going to vote.
* * * There is no clear information if this will be the same or a separate examination from the existing PSBIM examination.
* * * There is no clear information if the passing rate of the examination will be adjusted.
* * * There is no clear information of the type of examination and extent of coverage of the exam.
* * * There is no clear information if the candidate needs to pass an oral examination before he can take the written exam or if this will be waived.
* * * There is no explanation on what the implication of this move will be with regard to the ASEAN integration of Medical Societies.
This issue should be first discussed in the business meeting before it is placed to a vote. There are too many unanswered questions that need to be addressed before the PCP membership can vote properly on this matter.
Today: Jeremy is counting on you
Jeremy Robles needs your help with “Philippine College of Physicians (PCP): Stop the plebiscite for alternative PCP Diplomate Pathway”. Join Jeremy and 145 supporters today.