ENFORCE: ANIMAL WELFARE ACT (RA 8485 amended by RA 10631)
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
In the Philippines, there are already news articles where several dogs are being slaughtered and sold to restaurants and wet markets. There was even a documentation wherein there were at least 25 dog meat restaurants and four slaughtering houses that exist in Baguio. Dog meat traders were already widespread in the province of Laguna, Batangas, and Pangasinan. Unfortunately, these are just a few of the underground entities involved in the black market industry.
As students and dog lovers, we support the Animal Welfare Act. We thought that the Republic Act should be strictly followed and monitored since animals should be treated well and fairly. As someone who came from a catholic school, these are the 3 main reasons why dog meat issue should be stopped:
* Dog lives just as crucial as a man's life.
* We are made equal and dogs are not part of the man's food chain. They are not meant for eating.
* Most slaughtered dogs are stray dogs which could be dangerous to devour.
In accordance to this, we thought that the government along with the PAWS should strictly prohibit dog meat selling in our country by:
1. All meat shops should be licensed and the meats sold are approved by the FDA.
2. Having mandatory inspections in meat shops.
3. There are no stray dogs in different communities.
4. The stray dogs found should be immediately surrendered to the care of the barangay officials.
5. Always make sure that the adoption place for the dogs are well-maintained and the sanitation is good and safe.
Today: Jian is counting on you
Jian Ledda needs your help with “Philippine Animal Welfare Society: ENFORCE: ANIMAL WELFARE ACT (RA 8485 amended by RA 10631)”. Join Jian and 316 supporters today.