PETITION AGAINST EXEMPLAR'S PLANS FOR THE FRUIT AND WOOL EXCHANGE, ERADICATION OF HISTORIC DORSET STREET, DEMOLITION OF THE GUN PUB and BARCLAYS BANK.
We, the undersigned, urge the planners and councillors at Tower Hamlets to listen to local opinion, and refuse planning permission to Exemplar. We oppose;
- the ugly substandard building proposed for Commercial Street opposite Christ Church
- the removal from the map of historic Dorset Street
- the demolition of the Gun pub
- the demolition of Barclays Bank.
We urge Tower Hamlets to;
- reopen historic Dorset Street as an east-west axis and suitable site for the development's restaurant plans
- insist on high quality buildings for Commercial Street opposite Christ Church
- reintroduce housing to this historically residential part of Spitalfields
- reserve all ground floor space for retail use
SPITALFIELDS COMMUNITY GROUP started this petition with a single signature, and won with 981 supporters. Start a petition to change something you care about.