Save Rhubarb Bridge in Peterborough
This petition had 5,272 supporters
Rhubarb Bridge in Peterborough is under threat - infact, Peterborough City Council has set out its intention to remove it completely and not replace it with another bridge. By their own admission this will result in a worse situation for local people.
Sign this petition to tell Peterborough City Council you understand the old bridge has to be removed, but you want it replaced with a new bridge straight away.
We demand a scheme that is equitable or better for drivers, cyclists and pedestrians.
More detail below...
We reject the proposed plans for Rhubarb Bridge, as we believe:
- Four separate crossings for pedestrians and cyclists to pass through the roundabout is unacceptable.
- The design will create significant wait times for pedestrians and cyclists.
- The design increases the likelihood of pedestrians and cyclists coming into conflict with vehicles.
- By moving pedestrians and cyclists to ground level there is a considerable increase in exposure to pollution and poor air quality (especially for pupils who use this roundabout twice per day).
We believe Peterborough city council should:
- Halt the current plans.
- Instigate a full review into previous decision making - who made the decision that the city should not pursue a new bridge, and who accepted the quotes for a new bridge.
- Approach other companies to get a second opinion on the cost of a replacement bridge (with detailed costings, not a guess).
- Implement a fundraising strategy to acquire the necessary funding to install a new and improved pedestrian and cycle bridge.
Today: Nyree is counting on you
Nyree Ambarchian needs your help with “Peterborough City Council: Save Rhubarb Bridge in Peterborough”. Join Nyree and 5,271 supporters today.