- CouncilmembersDenver City Council
- Robin KniechCouncilmember
- Christopher HerndonCouncilmember
- Jeanne RobbCouncilmember
- Judy MonteroCouncilmember
- Albus BrooksCouncilmember
- Chris NevittCouncilmember
- Charlie BrownCouncilmember
- Mary Beth SusmanCouncilmember
- Peggy LehmannCouncilmember
- Paul LopezCouncilmember
- Jeanne FaatzCouncilmember
- Susan ShepherdCouncilmember
- Deborah OrtegaCouncilmember
Permit Retail Marijuana Stores by January 1st!
Denver voters overwhelmingly approved Amendment 64. The Denver city council has recognized that taxing and regulating marijuana retail stores is the best path forward for our community. However, a proposed plan to require public hearings for each business will likely delay the opening of the first retail marijuana store. It is important to remind the Denver City Council that the citizens of Denver want retail marijuana stores open January 1st, 2014.
- Denver City Council
Mary Beth Susman
Thank you for honoring the will of 66% of the voters and deciding to implement Amendment 64 responsibly in Denver. I appreciate the time and consideration that went into this important issue.
However, I am concerned that retail marijuana stores will not be open on January 1st, 2014, due to possible over-regulation. Denver already regulates marijuana sales. It shouldn't be that difficult to allow compliant medical marijuana businesses to switch over.
Please ensure that marijuana retail stores can be open by January 1st, 2014. Thank you for supporting sensible marijuana reform and being a leader locally and nationally.
Sensible Colorado started this petition with a single signature, and now has 412 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.