Permanent Parent Visa policies in Australia aren't fair.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000!
Like Supreet in the video there are many other Australian born kids those who always ask their parents, why their Grand Parents cannot join them in Australia? Why they cannot live with them permanently? Why they have have to go back after some time? As a parent we gave multiple excuses to satisfy them but this is time to to tell you kids that who is responsible? It's Australian Political Parties and currently it's Morrison Government.
In option one, this visa takes 30 plus years and in option two we have to pay nearly AUD 95,000 (for both parents) but the visa will come after 4-5 years. Please help the families to re-union and sign this petition, so that we can fight for our fundamental right to live together as a family.
We have provided a matrix below to compare, how Australian visa framework treats our parents. It is about time now, change the visa framework so that our grand kids can be with their grandparents.
Isn’t it unfair and discriminatory for Australian Citizen/Permanent Residents and Tax Payers, that it is complex and expensive to bring our parents to Australia? It is clear from the matrix that how unfair and biased our parenting visa is. Under the current policies of the Department of Home Affairs, it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE for any migrant family to bring their parents to Australia.
Every migrant family have to pay approximately AUD 90,000.00 (For mother and father) to bring the parents here or they have to wait for 30 years (which is unrealistic). Is it the price that we have to pay because we were not born here? What about our kids, who were born here don’t they have the right to be with their grand-parents. This kind of policies are dividing the Australian Citizens, one with full rights to live with their parents and others have to pay the above-mentioned amount or they have to wait for 30 years! THEY FEEL LIKE SECOND CLASS CITIZENS. We feel it is against Human Rights and will be a big deterrent for the migrants.
What we are asking for:
- Reduce the cost of the contributory visa, which is now around AUD 45,000 per parent (Under Subclass 143 or 173, Parent Visa). We believe there should not be a contributory visa.
- Reduce the Processing time under the non-contributory visa, which is now 30 years should be in line with other permanent visas. (Under Subclass 103, Parent Visa).
- Remove the 'balance of family' condition (Under Parent Visa). Because in most cultures have their own heritage. Therefore in most instances, it is not possible for the family with two or more children to meet the balance of family test as the daughters are still in India with their in-laws.
- Remove the quota and a limited number of visas for the Sponsored Parent (TEMPORARY) Visa (Subclass 870). As it is high paying visa subclass, the government should remove the ten-year limit on the total number of years it can grant.
Australia Canada USA
for Yes Yes Yes
Fee $6100/person $1040 $1225**
Processing 25-30 yrs 20-24 mth 8 to 14 mth
Time after final filing ____________________________________________
Balance Yes No No
Contributory Yes No No
Contributory $47,455 N/A N/A
Sponsor Yes Yes Yes
- In Canada the government also gave the option to the sponsor, where they can also apply for their Grandparents as well.
- **The fee doesn’t include the petition fee, according to the US process. It may have an extra cost of another USD 1000 for USCIS.
KEEP IT SIMPLE, sign and share the petition. Ask the questions to all the political parties and then decide your VOTE. Because it's your parents.
Complete your signature
0 have signed. Let’s get to 25,000!