Vaishnodevi visit at what cost ........??? Wake up people ,this is not the way
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Hi all So called humans ,
below is the write up I picked from fb post , some one who was concerned about animals being ill treated at vaishna devi , pls read and take a call ,
my faith in humanity was going to break there. As we started our journey towards vaishnav devi, i found humans going to devi place to get the blessings sitting over the shoulders of humans and on the back of horses, the worst situation i found with the innocent and speechless horses and mules who were giving ride continuous on the steep slope of around 24 km up and down with an average weight of 90-100 kg on their back. Which is contradictory to their natural behaviour because horses are evolved to walk and run in the plane areas without carrying heavy load on them.
* how the handlers were hitting the horses with sticks and forcing them for riding
* how the handlers were holding the tails of the horses to give them pain so that they will be submissive and obey the handlers command
* injury on the body of horses
* limping horses still giving ride to pilgrims
* Because of carrying heavy loads for many number of rounds most of the horses has very critical and weak wrists condition
* Their hoofs are also in bad situation due to unusual and improper weight distribution
* While coming downward their legs were getting slip
Then one incident happened in front of us when we were coming down after Devi darshan...
We saw a handler forcing his young horse to walk forward but that poor horse was shivering very badly and denying to walk.... Suddenly i saw his legs, and his front right leg wrist had broken...���
Due to heavy loading and exploitation like a slave.
I started shouting over him then he slowly took the saddle and went away...now That horse was unable to carry his own weight and fell down on the ground. Then we both decided to go deep in this matter....
# I called the vaishnav devi shrine board emergency number.....And then they picked up phone after 3rd time.
# Even shrine board security members were not co-operative.
# Any how i managed to get a veterinary officer number that too with my personal contacts so that the horse can get some immediate help.
# When we asked help from shrine board security, their officers came and held the rope and tail of the horse and forced him to stand
# Even then after struggling almost 2.30 hrs we didn't found any help from shrine board
Then i decided to depute one security officer close to horse and went with one security officer down towards veterinary doctor and also to meet senior officers.
On the way I got some very shocking data and facts about those poor horses.............�
* Security officer told me that there are only around 3000 horses are registered for riding but illegally approx 10,000-12,000 horses are being used
* There was not a single veterinary officer to look after the condition of those horses.
* Even when their horses will get any big leg injuries, due to lack of treatment the horse will die and the owner will throw the dead body in the mountains.
* There is no restrictions over number of rounds for a single horse.
* There was no man power to monitor the health situation of those horses
* One senior officer went with me to show the tags of registered horses and the licence with handlers
* After a quick inspection of just 5-6 horses we found one horse was being used by unauthorised person
* One horse was struggling to walk, even then the handler showed a passed health certificate issued by j&k government authority.
The greatest irony of the place vaishnav devi is that it is one of the very famous pilgrimage for lakhs of hindu devotees and it has become a slavery system and exploitation industry for such innocent creature which has nothing to do with God and humans.
So it's my humble request on behalf of all the horses who has passed away and who are suffering there ...................
Please please...... Spread the awareness and education to each and every single country men not to promote those type of horse riding and whoever is going to vaishnav devi.... Please click the picture and videos of those suffering horses and share it..................
Today: Siddhartha is counting on you
Siddhartha Ambekar needs your help with “People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA): Vaishnodevi visit at what cost ........??? Wake up people ,this is not the way”. Join Siddhartha and 946 supporters today.