Change 2018 Vanguard graduation date
This petition made change with 1,000 supporters!
As a senior class (students,parents,family, etc.) we are wanting to change graduation date that is currently on Saturday May 19,2018 at 1 O’clock. As it stands Vanguard’s class of 2018 will hold their graduation between two other High schools graduations, Vanguard’s graduation is at 1 o’clock, The first is at 8 o'clock in the morning, and the other will be held at 7 o’clock at night, all being held at the Live stock pavilion. As a class we want graduation to be changed to Friday night May 18, 2018 for these reasons because we believe that the time permitted will not be sufficient to have a decent graduation :
- Parking Lot clearing and next group having time to get in.
- Decorating the stadium with school colors, flowers, greenery, etc. Also moving chairs to suit each number of students per graduation for each school could take up to an hour or more.
- Concerns for heat index and medical situations of those attending graduation.
- Cleaning the stands between each event.
- Flipping concession stand sales.
- Mounted Police in parking lot – horses in heat from 6:30 am to 10:30 pm.
- Finding Officer to work to cover all three graduations (about 8 per graduation).
- People attending more than one graduation that day and being in the heat.
- Rushing students out after graduation and not being able to take pictures and have a memorable time with family that they haven’t seen in a long time or come from different states or countries.
Parents, family, students, etc. please take time to sign this petition so we have a chance at changing the date, thank you on behalf of the class of 2018.
Today: Allyson is counting on you
Allyson Clements needs your help with “Parents: Change 2018,s Vanguard graduation date”. Join Allyson and 999 supporters today.