Support the Dufferin Secondary Plan. Stop the Towers at 3140 & 3450 Dufferin
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We the members of the Wenderly Park Community Association, the Dufferin Eglinton Community Group Inc., and the Yorkdale West Community Ratepayers Association and local residents of the affected areas, urge the OMB to
Stop the Towers at ....
1) A 29, 33 and 37-storey tower at 3450 Dufferin Street ("Holiday Inn" site opposite Yorkdale Shopping Centre). The developer is Gupta Group.
2) A 22 and a 28-storey tower at 3140 Dufferin Street.(Staples & TD Plaza). The Developer is RioCan.
The proposed built form does not meet the Healthy Neighbourhoods, Built Form, Neighbourhoods, or Mixed Use Areas policies of the Official Plan. The built form does not respect or enhance the scale, character and form of the site and Block in accordance with the Council-endorsed built form policies for the Dufferin Street Secondary Plan. Further, the built form does not meet or maintain the intent of the Tall Buildings Guidelines.
1. The densities and heights proposed in these current applications are extreme, given the current traffic gridlock and compounded by the approved/anticipated densification developments in the area.
2. The proposal does not provide appropriate transition to, and risks destabilizing the existing low rise context to the south, nor does it respect the planned context, with respect to both height and density.
3. Additional vehicular traffic generated by the development, and its impact on the existing street network.
4. Capacity issues of existing physical and social infrastructure to accommodate the development and resultant population. Lack of community services, including school and emergency services will/would not be able to accommodate the increase.
5. The Development is not in keeping with the Dufferin Street Avenue Study Guidelines (OPA 294), including protecting Neighbourhoods and Employment Areas, creating quality public spaces and parks, safety, access by emergency services, supporting infrastructure, mobility, improvement in community services and facilities through redevelopment.
The City of Toronto Planners and City Councillors are opposed to these developments. The developers have applied for a zoning amendment to gain permission to construct these towers, and requested further amendments including, but not limited to, further reducing property line setbacks, and providing insufficient visitor/commercial parking.
WE HEREBY URGE THAT THE PROPOSED DEVELOPMENTS BE REQUIRED TO CONFORM TO THE CURRENT BY-LAWS, AND CONFORM TO THE CITY'S OFFICIAL PLAN. WE URGE THAT THE OVERALL DESIGN OF ANY BUILDING CONSTRUCTED FURTHER RESPECT THE DUFFERIN STREET SECONDARY PLAN AND RECOGNIZE THE IMPACT SUCH DEVELOPMENTS WOULD HAVE ON THE NEIGHBOURHOOD RESIDENTS (LIGHT, SCALE, DENSITY, TRAFFIC, WATER MANAGEMENT), ESPECIALLY ON THOSE LIVING IN CLOSE PROXIMITY TO THE SITES.
Please add your name in the form to the right to sign our petition letter asking OMB to reject the following two proposed developments in our neighbourhood. Please note your address will not appear in the Petition Letter sent to the OMB.
Today: Wenderly Park Community Association is counting on you
Wenderly Park Community Association needs your help with “Ontario Municipal Board: STOP the TOWERS AT 3140 and 3450 DUFFERIN STREET! SUPPORT THE DUFFERIN STREET SECONDARY PLAN!”. Join Wenderly Park Community Association and 140 supporters today.